The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8240
caraniel
I dont know if I want to see that version of Akira :no:

But know I will end up watching it - just like I know I'll go see the new Dragonball film and weep as they rape one of my most cherished anime :cry:

by the disgusting ugly penis of america:rofl:
Jehuty^
I would :spank: you but you'd like that :teeth:

:yep: :coma:
Reply 8242
I'm also concerned about this new Battle Angel film as well. I readily accept western studios embracing anime classics but don't bastardize them in the process. I truly hope this won't be the case, otherwise it'll be another slaughter, up there with censorship. :mad:
Reply 8243
vin

:sadnod: :bawling:
Reply 8244
8 eugenius
:yep: :coma:

Bad eugenius :awesome:
Reply 8245
Matisse
I'm also concerned about this new Battle Angel film as well. I readily accept western studios embracing anime classics but don't bastardize them in the process. I truly hope this won't be the case, otherwise it'll be another slaughter, up there with censorship. :mad:

is that even possible, they have problem with remakes in general, their stuck on ideas:huff:
caraniel
:sadnod: :bawling:

:console:
Reply 8246
vin

mmm
Reply 8247
Jehuty^
mmm

with their yucky sweaty semen....screwing the original over:s-smilie:
Jehuty^
Bad eugenius :awesome:

:teeth:
Reply 8249
vin
is that even possible, they have problem with remakes in general, their stuck on ideas:huff:

:console:

Conversely, I advocate the popularity these film remakes will bring to anime as a medium in the west. This will also have an effect on the japanese industry as well. It's a good thing in that regard. Obviously I'm not expecting Battle Angel to mimic Gunnm exactly (along with Astro Boy and Dragon Ball), I'm just hoping they'll maintain the 'essence' that made these anime series so great. My concern is that they'll attempt to sanitize the films to appease to western people, losing the core values that the original japanese directors/studios had. On the plus side, hopefully we'll have western people (including the British) appreciating and understanding anime as a medium more. At the moment, as evidenced from TSR, anime is seen as nothing more than Pokemon, and that is quite depressing and saddening.
vin
with their yucky sweaty semen....screwing the original over:s-smilie:

eww :rofl:
Reply 8251
Matisse
At the moment, as evidenced from TSR, anime is seen as nothing more than Pokemon, and that is quite depressing and saddening.

Don't forget Yugioh which I understand as been censored beyond belief into a kids Saturday morning show :awesome:
Reply 8252
Jehuty^
Don't forget Yugioh which I understand as been censored beyond belief into a kids Saturday morning show :awesome:

or one piece but I dont know if the ever showed that over here:hmmmm:
Reply 8253
Jehuty^

That's a good thing. Yugioh shouldn't have been produced in the first place, censoring that drivel is probably a good thing. :p:
Reply 8254
I prefer the Abridged version of YuGiOh :awesome:
Reply 8255
vin
or one piece but I dont know if the ever showed that over here:hmmmm:

It was broadcasted on 4kids, I believe. That was arguably one of the worst cases of censorship in the US, something I refuse to see for myself in fear that my head will explode. Such atrocities. :mad:
Reply 8256
But without Yugioh we never would have had Yugioh Abridged :puppyeyes:

edit: Cara :five:
Reply 8257
caraniel
I prefer the Abridged version of YuGiOh :awesome:

Screw the money I have rules. Wait let me try that again...
Reply 8258
Truered
Screw the money I have rules. Wait let me try that again...

..in America
Reply 8259

Latest