:wavey:

ReputationRep:
    Matisse. :hi:

ReputationRep:
    Hi Matisse
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I have a few minimal changes/additions to make to my dissertation, but other than that I don't have anything. I'll probably spend most of today watching Suddenly Princess for the reviews thread, and any new episodes that come out for the series I'm watching (such as Michiko to Hatchin 4!)
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Ah, sorry, was just in the kitchen preparing some breakfast for myself. There's no milk or toast. - Hello Mccann, LastLordOfTime.

Well, phew, I spent the majority of yesterday moving all of my stuff to my new place. Signed the contract with the landlord, got the keys, it's just a matter of officially moving in. I swear, I've never made the same tube journey, so many times over the same period, as I did yesterday. Must have been 15 times, no less. :laughing:

I officially move in on Wednesday. I'm kinda living in a suitcase at the moment. Just a few things are left here, including my laptop. My 30" display has been packed and moved over. - I can't watch my anime in all its beautiful glory for the time being. I only have my 15". :p: - It's such an awesome location, bang centre in London, overlooking the thames with the London Eye right next to it. Coming from such a quiet place as Hampstead, Waterloo is going to take some time adjusting to. That's the downer of being so central, it's always incredibly busy. I must invite you guys over one day, for sure.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    I have a few minimal changes/additions to make to my dissertation, but other than that I don't have anything. I'll probably spend most of today watching Suddenly Princess for the reviews thread, and any new episodes that come out for the series I'm watching (such as Michiko to Hatchin 4!)
    This reminds me, I wrote a fairly lengthly review on 3 X 3 Eyes but removed it for revision. I'll need to re-post it again.

Suddenly Princess? Wow, how do you guys decide on which series to review? It's vaguely similar in style to the older series of Slayers if I remember correctly. Michiko to Hatchin. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    30" :coma:

That must be pretty good for some things. I need to get myself one of them.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by 123mccann)
    30" :coma:

That must be pretty good for some things. I need to get myself one of them.
    Yup, when I bought my Macbook Pro last year, I opted for the 30" Cinema display to accompany it for when I'm using the laptop at home. To be fair, a large screen is necessary for the type of work I do. Still, as you can imagine, there are side benefits. :p: :yep:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Matisse)
    Suddenly Princess? Wow, how do you guys decide on which series to review? It's vaguely similar in style to the older series of Slayers if I remember correctly.
    At the end of every month (usually about 5 days or so before) I start asking for suggestions in this thread, the on-topic thread and in the review thread itself. That way people can't complain that I haven't advertised it enough. :p: Then we put a list of about 8-12 series together based on these suggestions. This month only Cara and I put anything forward though, Suddenly Princess was my idea.

I'd wanted to watch it since it came up as a random series on A-P, the synopsis and screenshots made it seem like the type of series I'd like. Based on the first episode that I just watched it's definitely similar to Slayers or Dragon Half, in terms of animation and humor, which is exactly what I was hoping for. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Yes, plenty of side benefits. :teeth:

I just have to suffer with my dual 24" But, next time I do upgrade I hope to get dual 30" except they are a bit pricey at the moment £700~ per screen. :sad:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    A widescreen (17" ) laptop is more than enough for me while I've still got to cart it to and from home/university. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Rosario To Vampire Capu2 episode 7 is released today.

ReputationRep:
    You can never have enough screen real estate. :p:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Rosario To Vampire Capu2 episode 7 has been released today.
    Correction. :yes: Unless you hate Chihiro subs. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I know it has been released. But, thanks for the correction O' mighty one. :adore:

ReputationRep:
    How big is your tablet Matisse?
    Oh well, I'd better get round to doing some homework. I will leave Maths for last. :giggle:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    At the end of every month (usually about 5 days or so before) I start asking for suggestions in this thread, the on-topic thread and in the review thread itself. That way people can't complain that I haven't advertised it enough. :p: Then we put a list of about 8-12 series together based on these suggestions. This month only Cara and I put anything forward though, Suddenly Princess was my idea.

I'd wanted to watch it since it came up as a random series on A-P, the synopsis and screenshots made it seem like the type of series I'd like. Based on the first episode that I just watched it's definitely similar to Slayers or Dragon Half, in terms of animation and humor, which is exactly what I was hoping for. :yes:
    I wasn't aware of this. This goes to show how much of my time is centered around the 'spam thread'. :laughing: I really need to make amends and focus on contributing to this society more. :yep: Right, from now on, I'll be assured to check the review thread near the end of this month to make and view any suggestions. I'll also attempt to review in accordance to the AP format. :yep:

Thanks AJ for explaining everything. :hugs: I'm pretty sure Caraniel detailed this in the welcome message I received from her too. :p:

ReputationRep:
    We are meant to write reviews? :eyeball:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Sorry, was just watching the latest episode of Gundam 00 (episode 7).

How big is your tablet Matisse?
    Oh well, I'd better get round to doing some homework. I will leave Maths for last. :giggle:
    I work with an A3 Wide Intuous3 tablet. This exact one:
    http://www.wacom-europe.com/index2.asp?lang=en&pid=122

When I was at art college/university, I was working on an A4. The size isn't especially important because the canvas is only as big as the document on screen, per se. However, an A3 does help if you like to move your arm more. :laughing:

Yes, plenty of side benefits. :teeth:

I just have to suffer with my dual 24" But, next time I do upgrade I hope to get dual 30" except they are a bit pricey at the moment £700~ per screen. :sad:
    I work with dual 30" displays at my work :yep:. Having two monitors is really useful when illustrating or doing any motion work, as you can use the primary monitor as your canvas and the second monitor for your tools and quick/preliminary sketches. When I'm at home, I assign the 30" as my primary and my laptop screen as my secondary. It's okay for what I need. I've considered buying another 30" for home but I'm fine with only one for the time being. Other than my work I don't really have much use for dual monitors. I suppose watching two episodes of two separate anime series simultaneously would be useful. :p: :laughing:

A widescreen (17" ) laptop is more than enough for me while I've still got to cart it to and from home/university. :yes:
    That's why I use a laptop with my display. I deliberately bought a 15" laptop with the intention to take it with me when I travel (something I did pretty much everyday), and when I returned home, I could simply plug it into the display for full viewing pleasure. :p:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    We are meant to write reviews? :eyeball:
    It isn't compulsory, but the reviews thread exists for that reason. :p:

(Original post by Matisse)
    I wasn't aware of this. This goes to show how much of my time is centered around the 'spam thread'. I really need to make amends and focus on contributing to this society more. Right, from now on, I'll be assured to check the review thread near the end of this month to make and view any suggestions. I'll also attempt to review in accordance to the AP format.

Thanks AJ for explaining everything. I'm pretty sure Caraniel detailed this in the welcome message I received from her too.
    You're welcome, and though I do usually make sure I ask for suggestions in this thread, you'd be excused for missing the post as they quickly get buried in spam. :p:

Reviews for other series that aren't on our list are welcomed too though, some of the best ones in the thread have been one-off reviews by people who just happened to want to write about their favorite series/ the one they just finished.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 14, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.