Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Anime Society: FULL METAL YURI - The Awesomeness of Cooro Hiwatari Watch

ReputationRep:
    I dunno if Dragonball is, but Bleach and Naruto definitely are.

And Death Note is Shounen Jump Advanced

ReputationRep:
    Kurozuka any good?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by caraniel)
    The whole Bookman thing is quite confusing, I'd love to know how many Bookmen there actually are and how 2 of them wound up being exorcists.

I love the manga, its probably my favourite out of the 3 big Shounen Jump series I follow. I was also upset about the anime finishing where it did :sad: but at least it ended on a high, even if it was extremely open ended - i feel sorry for those who only followed the anime
    The Bookman clan remains a mystery and their intentions unclear. I understand that they need to be observers but surely being actively involved will inevitably bring complications to this oath? Lavi cannot control the environment nor the enemies he'd face. It seemed unfair and totally contradictory to expect a Bookman to be impersonal whilst being personal. Furthermore, I wonder whether the Black Order are in cahoots with this Bookman clan? I suspect so. Also, there has been Bookman (or at least implied) on the Noah side too.

The manga is awesome. Admittedly I picked it up because there's very few mangaka that are female and Katsura Hoshino is one of them. Oh how I'd love to be in her position. I still dream of finishing my own manga one day. I'm illustrating it slowly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eugenius 8)
    Kurozuka any good?
    oh god yes:teeth:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    *catch up post*

My wallpaper

I can't remember what's usually released on a Sunday (that I'm following), but I'm sure it was more than just Michiko to Hatchin and Index in the past. :hmmmm2:

I've posted a review for Suddenly Princess. The only other review anime I have downloaded is Seraphim Call, but I'm now watching that with Katana and The_Pudding_Earl and I wouldn't want to get ahead of them. So whether or not I review that depends on how far we get with it... I'll try and get hold of Kai Doh Maru and Hitsuji no Uta this week though.

[edit] Dragonball is definitely Shonen Jump.

ReputationRep:
    meh, this weekend sucked cause I didn't watch any anime :cry:

I really wanted to watch the FMA movie as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    oh god yes:teeth:
    ok :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    aww Yukki :console: could you still not find a sub version?

ReputationRep:
    I haven't got round to starting the Kurozuka episodes yet. :giggle:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Shōnen transliterates to 'typical boy', usually associated to boys at school. The genre 'shōnen' was adopted to describe series pertaining to the demographic of young boys. This was enforced by the magazine Weekly Shōnen Jump that promoted the genre and later defined the categorization for Shōnen manga. This has propelled to animation, thus any anime that is intended for that market was/is known as shōnen. Dragon Ball, Naruto, Bleach are common and generic examples of the genre.

ReputationRep:
    aww Yukki :console: could you still not find a sub version?
    I found it, just didn't have the time to watch it

This whole weekend was a waste, went out yesterday but the film me and my friends watched turned out to be well.. pretty lame.

And I've been stuck today doing a project I need to do for ICT which was due last week. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    mine wall

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yuuki)
    I found it, just didn't have the time to watch it

This whole weekend was a waste, went out yesterday but the film me and my friends watched turned out to be well.. pretty lame.

And I've been stuck today doing a project I need to do for ICT which was due last week. :rolleyes:
    aww that sucks :hugs:

too busy watching FMA and not doig your work :p:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I have an assignment that's due in at 3PM tomorrow, it's finished but when I went to print it out tonight the printer was down. I'll have to get up early now and hopefully one of the others on campus will work, as I hate handing things in too near the final deadline...

ReputationRep:
    Wait... so the two 25 year olds of this society love anime made for young boys? :p:
    Limewire Caraniel, I'm disgraced. :nah::giggle:

ReputationRep:
    Limewire :awesome: :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    my unis network down which means i cant get to my work :hmpf:

ReputationRep:
    there seems to be some girly but tipicly shonen series

ReputationRep:
    aww that sucks :hugs:

too busy watching FMA and not doig your work :p:
    Work should be annihilated anyway. :yep:

I love FMA :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    Limewire :wtf?: I dont use Limewire! :yucky:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 14, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.