The Student Room Group

What GCSE/A-Level subjects are you going to do/doing/done?

Calling all students that are making course decisions/doing the courses or even done the courses, what subjects did/are you guys going to choose?

I'll start:
I am currently doing: A-Level Biology, Chemistry and Geography.
I done: GCSE Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths, English Language, English Literature, Geography, Religious Studies, French and Spanish

Scroll to see replies

economics maths epq not sure ab 3rd
Omg french AND spanish?? 2 languages?

I just did GCSE : biology ,chemistry ,physics ,maths english lit and lang, history , music, andd french

I’ve applied for A level: chemistry, biology, politics and history

But I might change politics to combined english, not sure!
GCSEs done:
(Typical maths, English etc.) History, geog, french and RE + further

Just finished my alevels
Bio, chem, English + epq + fsmq
Original post by Bookworm_88
GCSEs done:

Just finished my alevels

wow! thats an interesting set whats ur firm?
Currently doing: History, maths, further maths, economics
Done: EPQ, GCSEs in history, computer science, French, design technology, further maths (+ English, maths and triple science)
english literature
sociology
psychology (btec)
still undecided on most of them apart from english
Original post by Bookworm_88
GCSEs done:

Just finished my alevels

Oooh! I’ve never heard of an FSMQ. I’d love to know more.
Original post by JA03
Oooh! I’ve never heard of an FSMQ. I’d love to know more.

Free standing maths qualification.. It's like a 'bridging' course between gcse further and AS maths I think..I did it because it was supposed to help me with the maths that I had to do do in chem (it did not help 🤣) but I guess it also showed to unis that my maths is up to scratch since my grades for GCSE maths and GCSE further were meehhh
GCSEs I've done: Maths, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, RE, Computer science, Geography, Further maths, French, English lit. and lang.

A-levels I'm doing: Maths, Biology, Chemistry, and an EPQ

:h:
GCSEs I've done: Maths, Spanish, Fine Art, Arabic, Sociology, Physics, Biology, Chemistry, English literature, English language and R.E.
Currently doing: Physics, Maths, Fine Art and an EPQ.
Reply 11
Original post by JA03
Calling all students that are making course decisions/doing the courses or even done the courses, what subjects did/are you guys going to choose?

I'll start:
I am currently doing: A-Level Biology, Chemistry and Geography.
I done: GCSE Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths, English Language, English Literature, Geography, Religious Studies, French and Spanish

two languages??? I could barely do one ;-;;

I did:
GCSE Bio, Chem, Physics, Sociology, Business, Eng Lan, Eng Lit, Math, Geo, and Spanish
Several Dance Exams (Contemporary, Ballet, MT, Tap)

Currently doing:
A-level Art, CS and Math, and EPQ - I mean i finished EPQ just waiting for the official grade
GCSEs: Maths (H), Geography, RE (A + Option MA), Biology (H), Chemistry (H), Physics (H), PE, Spanish (H), English Language, English Literature.

Just finished A-Levels: Biology, Geography, PE, EPQ.

Hopefully going to Newcastle University to study Marine Zoology.
Original post by 12phi4
two languages??? I could barely do one ;-;;

I did:
GCSE Bio, Chem, Physics, Sociology, Business, Eng Lan, Eng Lit, Math, Geo, and Spanish
Several Dance Exams (Contemporary, Ballet, MT, Tap)

Currently doing:
A-level Art, CS and Math, and EPQ - I mean i finished EPQ just waiting for the official grade

Yep! I done 2 languages at GCSE. I got an 8 in both! I can also speak fluent Arabic as well as English.
GCSEs done: bio, chem, physics, english language, english lit, maths, re, history, music and art

A-Levels I'm going to be doing: bio, maths and psychology
GCSEs: English Lit and Lang, Combined Science, Maths, History, Computer Science, Media Studies and Sociology.

Didn’t do A-Levels.
Reply 16
Original post by JA03
Yep! I done 2 languages at GCSE. I got an 8 in both! I can also speak fluent Arabic as well as English.

That's so cooolll! well done ^^ ahhhh I wish to learn Arabic one day.
Original post by 12phi4
That's so cooolll! well done ^^ ahhhh I wish to learn Arabic one day.

I hope that your voice is ready for it! There's a few throaty sounds you have to make when speaking Arabic so it can be harder for new learners but you can do it if you put your mind to it!
Original post by ReviseSleeping
GCSEs: English Lit and Lang, Combined Science, Maths, History, Computer Science, Media Studies and Sociology.

Didn’t do A-Levels.

Awh, have you not started A-Levels or did you do an apprenticeship instead?
Congrats!
Original post by PurringSpoon25
GCSEs: Maths (H), Geography, RE (A + Option MA), Biology (H), Chemistry (H), Physics (H), PE, Spanish (H), English Language, English Literature.

Just finished A-Levels: Biology, Geography, PE, EPQ.

Hopefully going to Newcastle University to study Marine Zoology.

Quick Reply

Latest