Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Seriously I was bathing and I layed there for like 2 mins... until when I got up I just couldn't think. I was shaking and I felt so tired. My body was about to collapse and I felt like I was losing my vision. I went to my room and I just sat on the chair and I was just like.... so drowsy.

Has this happened to anyone before? I felt really blind today.

ReputationRep:
    it was too hot, happens all the time to me if the baths too hot

Sounds normalish, like a bad headrush. I'm going to get a milder version in a couple of minutes when I put my laptop down and stand up.

ReputationRep:
    You probably had the water too hot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pink_lucie)
    it was too hot, happens all the time to me if the baths too hot
    but how comes it didn't feel hot when I was inside? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I get those blackouts... One time I went blind for about 3 minutes. Was rather scary. Normal tho...

ReputationRep:
    I get that quite a lot. I went to the docs about it years ago and they said it's asthma?! But I don't know if that's just cos they didn't know what it was, but I do get breathing problems with it sometimes, like I'm in the bath then sometimes it feels like my chest gets really tight and I can't take a full breath - do you get that?

Also, what will help is make sure the room isn't steamy and the water isn't too hot.

ReputationRep:
    I get that ALL the time, but in the bath as well, and i get it randomly all the time anyway.. i think there's something wrong but i dunno what!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Advanced Subsidiary)
    Hmm I think it's got something to do with the steam as well...I get this sometimes too. It's horrible .

ReputationRep:
    Hot water+cold body=:woo:

That, or you were up to some other physical activity in hot water, eg squats?

:ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pcok)
    I get that quite a lot. I went to the docs about it years ago and they said it's asthma?! But I don't know if that's just cos they didn't know what it was, but I do get breathing problems with it sometimes, like I'm in the bath then sometimes it feels like my chest gets really tight and I can't take a full breath - do you get that?

Also, what will help is make sure the room isn't steamy and the water isn't too hot.
    Yeah I got that. The bathroom was steamy though like the mirrors and steam was rising from the bath. I felt like I was going to die. Literally.

ReputationRep:
    because over time your body can take hotter and hotter water, like your hands wont feel water thats hot hot where as your feet will feel the same water as hot hot hot

make sense?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pink_lucie)
    because over time your body can take hotter and hotter water, like your hands wont feel water thats hot hot where as your feet will feel the same water as hot hot hot

make sense?
    Yeah I understand. I thought there was something wrong with me. However I was like shaking as well...

ReputationRep:
    This happens to me everytime I am in the bath! Don't scare me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puddlove)
    This happens to me everytime I am in the bath! Don't scare me
    This was 1st time. I really thought I was going blind.

ReputationRep:
    So just to confirm. I am ok right? Or do I need to see the doctors.

ReputationRep:
    So just to confirm. I am ok right? Or do I need to see the doctors.
    No, don't worry. Everyone gets headrushes. I get them quite frequently when getting out of a bath. I even get them sometimes when I stand up from a chair when I've been sitting there for a while.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Taemon)
    No, don't worry. Everyone gets headrushes. I get them quite frequently when getting out of a bath. I even get them sometimes when I stand up from a chair when I've been sitting there for a while.

Wow ok. It's just that this is my 1st one in 17 years. Thanx.

ReputationRep:
    Seriously I was bathing and I layed there for like 2 mins... until when I got up I just couldn't think. I was shaking and I felt so tired. My body was about to collapse and I felt like I was losing my vision. I went to my room and I just sat on the chair and I was just like.... so drowsy.

Has this happened to anyone before? I felt really blind today.
    this happens to me quite often, whether i'm in the tub or not. and i've no idea what it is or how it's triggered.

ReputationRep:
    Really, really common. It's almost certainly nothing other than vasodilation hypotension.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.