Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teily)
    this happens to me quite often, whether i'm in the tub or not. and i've no idea what it is or how it's triggered.
    Apparently it's because the water is too hot.

ReputationRep:
    i think the room is too hot + head rush getting up.
    i get it almost everytime i have a bath. i open the window a tiny bit when i put conditioner on my hair for 2 mins just to let it cool down a bit, it makes me less llikely to get head rush/dizzy/sickly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by watermelon sugar)
    i think the room is too hot + head rush getting up.
    i get it almost everytime i have a bath. i open the window a tiny bit when i put conditioner on my hair for 2 mins just to let it cool down a bit, it makes me less llikely to get head rush/dizzy/sickly.
    I wish there was a window in my bathroom . I'm surprised this never happened to me before because I always keep the water as hot as it was tonight.:o:

ReputationRep:
    Now you know how poor lobsters feel when they're chucked in the cooking pot alive just before they drown in boiling hot water and eaten .

But yeah, happens to me sometimes, i wouldn't worry realllly.

ReputationRep:
    this happens to me all the time, once i found my ex blacked out on my bed, he was butt naked and very clean

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mango24)
    this happens to me all the time, once i found my ex blacked out on my bed, he was butt naked and very clean

LOLOLOLO That's hilarious. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Did Dizzy enjoy it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Advanced Subsidiary)
    Apparently it's because the water is too hot.
    how hot is "too hot"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FyreFight)
    Did Dizzy enjoy it?
    huh?? i was dizzy lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teily)
    how hot is "too hot"?
    too hot when you don't know how hot it is:cool:

ReputationRep:
    Happens to me every time I have a bath. I just put it down to standing up too quickly after having a hot bath or.. something like that..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pcok)
    I get that quite a lot. I went to the docs about it years ago and they said it's asthma?! But I don't know if that's just cos they didn't know what it was, but I do get breathing problems with it sometimes, like I'm in the bath then sometimes it feels like my chest gets really tight and I can't take a full breath - do you get that?
    I get EXACTLY this, but not just when I'm in the bath, just randomly happens?
    Although I do get that headrush/can't see thing every single time I have a bath, so I just avoid them at all costs and have showers. I also went to the doctor about the random breathing thing happening, and he just told me that he couldn't see anything wrong with me, and that I must just be a bit stressed out. I highly doubt I've been stressed out constantly for the past how ever many years it's been happening though! I think I should go back..

ReputationRep:
    Seriously I was bathing and I layed there for like 2 mins... until when I got up I just couldn't think. I was shaking and I felt so tired. My body was about to collapse and I felt like I was losing my vision. I went to my room and I just sat on the chair and I was just like.... so drowsy.

Has this happened to anyone before? I felt really blind today.
    Nah you're fine, sounds like you've had the water too hot and you've got out of the bath quickly and had a bit of a headrush dizzy spell.
    I get them in the morning when I get out of bed!

ReputationRep:
    someone must've punished me for this to happen. It aint ever happened before. BTW I quickly jumped out the bath and i was like sitting on the floor for nearly 5 minutes. I thought the evil spirits were trying to take me away so I was resilient to give up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeorgEGNT)
    Nah you're fine, sounds like you've had the water too hot and you've got out of the bath quickly and had a bit of a headrush dizzy spell.
    I get them in the morning when I get out of bed!
    Yeah... I got out the bath the moment I started going dizzy. Then it struck me bad.. my mouth also felt so soapy.

ReputationRep:
    too hot when you don't know how hot it is:cool:
    but i don't like cold baths... so does heat trigger the whole fainting spell? b/c i get these even when i'm not in the bath. so glad to know that i'm not alone with the whole bath thing.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah... I got out the bath the moment I started going dizzy. Then it struck me bad.. my mouth also felt so soapy.
    You had just been the the bath you might of ate some by accident! :P

On a serious note, that just might be because of you were a bit dehydrated because of the heat of the bath. I always take a pint of water in the bath with me cos I feel dizzy otherwise.
    Still you dont have anything to worry about.

ReputationRep:
    did you have the sensation that you were falling in a black bottomless pit?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teily)
    but i don't like cold baths... so does heat trigger the whole fainting spell? b/c i get these even when i'm not in the bath. so glad to know that i'm not alone with the whole bath thing.
    Yeah and the steam.

I got my 1st one tonight. It was horrible though but my fault nonthe less. However I've never had this happen to me before today even though it's been hotter before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foldingstars)
    I get EXACTLY this, but not just when I'm in the bath, just randomly happens?
    Although I do get that headrush/can't see thing every single time I have a bath, so I just avoid them at all costs and have showers. I also went to the doctor about the random breathing thing happening, and he just told me that he couldn't see anything wrong with me, and that I must just be a bit stressed out. I highly doubt I've been stressed out constantly for the past how ever many years it's been happening though! I think I should go back..
    Yeah, it happens to me when not in the bath, like just normally, too. Also, I used to play a load of sports, and it would often happen then, but I'd just kinda carry on. Except when I was doing swimming...sometimes I had to get somebody to chuck me my inhaler if I was busy swimming, or I'd just get out of the water and lay down. It's wierd, it used to be just the water thing. Like it seemed that when my chest was in water, it started happening, you know like where you chest feels tight and you can't take a full breath.

Don't have a clue what it is, but I doubt it's stress!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.