Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Felt Dizzy during a bath. watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeorgEGNT)
    You had just been the the bath you might of ate some by accident! :P

On a serious note, that just might be because of you were a bit dehydrated because of the heat of the bath. I always take a pint of water in the bath with me cos I feel dizzy otherwise.
    Still you dont have anything to worry about.
    Ok thanx for help. I t was a surprise though. Cause I couldnt complete my bath .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foldingstars)
    I get EXACTLY this, but not just when I'm in the bath, just randomly happens?
    Although I do get that headrush/can't see thing every single time I have a bath, so I just avoid them at all costs and have showers. I also went to the doctor about the random breathing thing happening, and he just told me that he couldn't see anything wrong with me, and that I must just be a bit stressed out. I highly doubt I've been stressed out constantly for the past how ever many years it's been happening though! I think I should go back..
    yea, i get those too!!! i was 12 the first time it happened and a bath wasn't even the situation. it happens about twice a year and it's been 13 yrs now...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teily)
    yea, i get those too!!! i was 12 the first time it happened and a bath wasn't even the situation. it happens about twice a year and it's been 13 yrs now...

You've had it much worse than me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Advanced Subsidiary)
    Yeah and the steam.

I got my 1st one tonight. It was horrible though but my fault nonthe less. However I've never had this happen to me before today even though it's been hotter before.
    Yeah, we get the picture. You've rephrased this post about five times now. Get up more slowly next time.
    Jog on!

ReputationRep:
    Ok thanx for help. I t was a surprise though. Cause I couldnt complete my bath .
    No worries, I'm the same as you mate, I get worried at little things so I'm often on here asking questions about stuff that frightened me a bit and I'm always told theres nothing to worry about, but hey. At least you've been reassured in case it ever happens again.

ReputationRep:
    Bit of a relief for me this thread. Only had it once, fairly recently, afternoon after my 21st. Decided to take a shower, by the end I couldn't turn the tap off 'cos both my arms had seized up. Managed to make it to my room and collapsed on my bed, got worse and worse until my legs started freezing as well. Whole body was on fire from pins and needles, was a bit worried I was checking out for a minute. Suddenly just went, I chalked it up to unnatural amounts of alcohol.

ReputationRep:
    huh?? i was dizzy lol.
    It was a joke, i.e.

The Seven Dwarfs are sitting in a bath feeling happy.
    Happy gets out, so they feel Grumpy instead.

ReputationRep:
    If you are a sporty person you may be overtraining and you should stop for a couple of weeks.

Otherwise it may be a low blood pressure, see your GP and ask for them to measure it and see what they say.

ReputationRep:
    Seriously I was bathing and I layed there for like 2 mins... until when I got up I just couldn't think. I was shaking and I felt so tired. My body was about to collapse and I felt like I was losing my vision. I went to my room and I just sat on the chair and I was just like.... so drowsy.

Has this happened to anyone before? I felt really blind today.
    in the hot environment blood vessels under the skin dialates to lose heat so that your body can cool down. When blood vessels are dialated, the blood circulation is richer under the skin, therefore less blood goes to the brain system. Hence, Low blood level in the brain for a prolonged period cause dizzyness.

ReputationRep:
    yep, i had the same experience,
    U'd better go to see a doctor, have a blood check later.

ReputationRep:
    PS: when you bathing, you've got no enough air or O2, so ...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2008
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.