Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I sent of my application on October 15th. I haven't received any sort of acknowledgement from Napier. And now I see it says on their site they should get back to applicants in 10 days... Does that mean 10 days from acknowledment?

I'd made a mistake on my UCAS application and had to send some additional info to Napier, and they said they would link it to my application. But even so, it's been 10 days since that was sorted out...

So, does anyone have any experience with Napier applications? Should I be worried?

How long does it usually take for them to send acknowledgments and/or offers? :confused:

Should I call them? I don't want to pester them or seem obsessed...

ReputationRep:
    Dunno, not sure. I'm waiting aswell.

I haven't had a acknowledgement from any uni's I've applied too...... But have one offer so not all uni's give them out.

Never heard about the 10day thing, link please so I can check that out, I will try to snoop around....

edit - Just read, yeah they do say they send a acknowledgement letter...... Maybe they start on Jan 15th? but I doubt that by the way the page is written, maybe they use really really slow post since my offer letter from Stirling still hasn't arrived even though my offer was made last Friday and I can view the letter on Track (I'm assuming it gets sent to me aswell......)

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't worry...not sure about acknowledgements but my name was wrong on the letters they sent me and I sent a letter to get it changed and asking them to send one with the correct name...after waiting a week I phoned them and it was done the next day,so I would say if your that bothered just give them a call to find out what's happening

AJxx

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the advice! I gave them a call last Friday. The person who answered redirected my call but nobody answered all day long. In the end I decided to send an e-mail, cos I was really anxious abou it. Got a reply the same day, saying that applicants should indeed get an acknowledgement within 21 days of aplying, but that sometimes it takes a whole week for an application to get from UCAS to the uni.

I was pretty reliefed after reading that, thinking that there's still a week left for me to receive my acknowledment. I'd been away and without Internet access the whole week, and only came back today. Nothing in my inbox I'd say I've still got a week for something to arrive by mail... I'm really trying my best not to be too anxious about it, but I can't really help myself

Javjamoll, have you received your acknowledgement?

ReputationRep:
    Nope,

I have been recieving a string of acknowledgements this week though, read spoiler number 3 in my sig My app has been away for 3weeks now then..... I prob won't be too anxious about it though...... dunno why, but won't...

ReputationRep:
    I got a unconditional from Napier

Don't bother waiting for that acknowledgement lol! You might get the offer soon

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations, javjamoll!

I still haven't heard anything... I shudder to think how long it's been since I sent my app... Getting an offer soon...well, here's to hoping!

ReputationRep:
    Well mines is 26 days since it was sent to recieve an offer from then, you may get yours soon

ReputationRep:
    I sent my app away on the 12th December and I still haven't heard anything from them.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't get an acknowledgement from Napier but I got an offer pretty quickly. Perhaps you should contact them and say hey, have you ate my application or what?

ReputationRep:
    Haha, will do.

ReputationRep:
    I sent my application off to Napier on 17th Dec and haven't had an acknowledgment or offer either...

I am doing an Access Course as opposed to A levels so not sure if my application is treated differently?

ReputationRep:
    I got a conditional for Napier (Law LLB).. don't really want to go there though.
    I need 120 UCAS points.. generally, is that a fair conditional?

ReputationRep:
    I got a conditional for Napier (Law LLB).. don't really want to go there though
    Why don't you want to go there... I visited scotland for the first time over xmas stayed in edinburgh for a few days totally fell in love with the city and I asked quite a few peoples opinions of both heriot watt and napier and no one said anything negative about napier - just that it obviously wasnt as 'academic' as HW but that also it seems quite unknown?

I just want to live in edinburgh so badly!

ReputationRep:
    I've heard it's crap for Law?

But i'm the same with edinburgh!!!! Thats why I want to go to edinburgh uni haha, although i will miss glasgow very much if i do have to move.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 24, 2009

University open days

1. Edinburgh Napier University
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 13 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.