Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ok. Me and my mate have started going the gym most days for training for football and rugby, but we thought it would be good to do something challenging in summer to train for it.

He's done a half marathon before and i've got little experience in any of this so i'll have to do alot of reading up as well as training.

But we're just looking at different ideas for what we could do in the Summer. Just wondering if anyone has heard of good fun things to do that are challenging, or if anyone has done anything themselves personally.

I don't know many websites like this as it was just a really random conversation we had that i'd never given much thought to.

Duration could be anything from a day to a few weeks, but we'd probably want to keep cost fairly low so at the moment it'd be restricted to UK unless we found any cheap alternaitves abroad.

Heard of the 3 peaks in 24 hour challenge, and also the cylcing coast to coast which seem best options at the moment. I'm not the best cross country runner so would probably be thinking cycling/walking/rowing or anything else like that?

If we did something cool or a bit different too we could try get some sponsorship and raise some money for charity which would be fun. Although don't think we're quite ready enough to row naked across the atlantic for comic relief just yet.

Cheers all

ReputationRep:
    try rock climbing , canueoing something " extreme " .

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 13, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.