Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

boyfriend won't sleep with me Watch

ReputationRep:
    me&him have been together for about 3months now &he's a virgin &i'm not. its difficult, because everytime we make out &other things happen, i get really into it &then don't know if i should ask him if he wants to or not? we've tried to twice &both times he's lost his erection because he doesn't think he can compete with my ex boyfriend who i lost my virginity to. please help me? anybody know any ways i can settle him or if its just best if i dont? im getting really sexually frustrated
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    maybe actually make the move yourself

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like he's just nervous. I would suggest not making a big deal out of penetrative sex at the moment, just enjoy other things he's done before/is comfortable with and it'll build his confidence. Pressuring him is obviously not going to help.

ReputationRep:
    argh must be so frustrating!
    i think maybe you're putting too much pressure on him, unintentionally?
    try to be cool about it, and then just see when the time is right
    i could never go out with a virgin o_0

ReputationRep:
    Just talk to him about it. But if he's not ready to then don't push him.

ReputationRep:
    i did but then he went soft

ReputationRep:
    Just keep trying, don't ask him if he's ready or anything - if he's not he'll say.

ReputationRep:
    You should have sex when you're both ready. No partner should rush the other into something they aren't ready for.

If it was the other way round and someone said "my girlfriend won't have sex, she's a virgin but I'm not and I want sex" everyone would be shocked. Don't bully him into it, he'll be ready when he's ready.

If he is insecure about your ex then it seems you need to be together a bit longer and build up some trust.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiaSiaSia)
    How come?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiaSiaSia)
    argh must be so frustrating!
    i think maybe you're putting too much pressure on him, unintentionally?
    try to be cool about it, and then just see when the time is right
    i know its difficult, surely if hes nervous he wont compare to my ex then does that mean he isnt ready?

ReputationRep:
    If the problem is that he doesnt think he can compete try reminding him that it's HIM you're interested in - not your ex, why else would you be there...as said above, pressuring him wouldnt help matters, but it does just sound like he's insecure and needs a little reassurance...xx

ReputationRep:
    gonna have a chat with him about it when i see him on wednesday i think, gonna make sure i dont come across as pushy or forceful, just would like to know how he feels

ReputationRep:
    I've honestly never, ever understood blokes who refuse sex. I just can't even begin to comprehend that... unless the girl was really ugly, but then he wouldn't be going out with you if you were...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dionysus)
    I've honestly never, ever understood blokes who refuse sex. I just can't even begin to comprehend that... unless the girl was really ugly, but then he wouldn't be going out with you if you were...
    I think the OP meant his... body... was "refusing" sex, not him.

Edit: That sentence shows I shouldn't be awake at 1am, haha.

ReputationRep:
    He's clearly gay.

He'll come out of the closet when he's ready; until then, roll onto your front.

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Good things come to those who wait...

ReputationRep:
    yeah but if u wanted to wait then wouldn't u expect him to let u? it has to work both ways
    EDIT: however i am tempted to rep u after ur 1treehill reference!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sparxy)
    How come?
    It'd be too much responsibility, I think.
    Like, I'd feel really guilty if I slept with them and they weren't ready or something.
    But you never know...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by an-unkindness-of-ravens)
    i know its difficult, surely if hes nervous he wont compare to my ex then does that mean he isnt ready?
    I think so.
    You have to try and make this about him and not the fact you've had sex already, as that will make him MORE nervous

ReputationRep:
    Get him drunk, then try.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.