Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nooshie)
    ouch.
    obviously not a kanye west fan!
    : )
    I'm a huge fan of Kanye, but I have to admit he's right. I went to see him last night and left a very disappointed lady. His songs were remixed and they really weren't great, he also didn't put on a show at all which got a bit boring.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TOSCS)
    He can barely keep his breath control in studio tracks, god knows how bad he'd be live.

And as for those tracks where he sings, I wonder does Auto-Tune work in live performances?
    You obviously did not see his perfromance at EMA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nooshie)
    ouch.
    obviously not a kanye west fan!
    : )
    He's okay, his production is brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Checkmate121)
    You obviously did not see his perfromance at EMA
    Thats the benifits people recive when you go college if your household is on a low income how could he ave preformed their? HAHA Im kidding

ReputationRep:
    Im going on Sunday when he's in Glasgow.
    Weird day for a gig, sunday, but anyways i cant wait

ReputationRep:
    I'm going tomorrow! I CAN'T WAIT!!! I'm a bit confuzzled by my ticket though, it says standing and it also has a seat and a row number -can someone explain it to me please? And Kanye haters don't burst my bubble with your tales of woe! I'm excited damn it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StotheL)
    I went last night and was rather disappointed. He didn't really put on a show, in the sense that it was just him on stage for a few hours with no dancers or anything to that effect.
    In the concert his songs were remixed, they didn't sound like the singles at all and his rapping/singing was far too loud, it drowned out the backing music as it wasn't loud enough so it took a while for the audience to pick up on what he was singing.
    The atmosphere wasn't great either, when I've been to see other acts the atmosphere was electric but last night the crowd was so selfish, rude and generally disrespectful. I know that has nothing to do with Kanye but it did ruin my night. I was standing and a bunch of stupid 12 year old chavs (that were pretty drunk) started fighting and then the whole crowd started pushing everywhere to the extent that it was hard to move without being on someone else. At one stage a group of guys beside me kept stroking my neck and another guy kept throwing his arms around in the air i.e. hitting my face in the process. After politely asking the young chap to refrain from stroking my neck I moved saying as he was too wasted to process what I was asking of him. So, moved spots only to have my ass groped by a different guy. At that stage I couldn't be bothered anymore down to the crowd and the fact Kanye wasn't anywhere near as good live..disappointing

Sorry, bit of a rant but some of the people at the concert ruined it!
    Oh no!!
    Why are people so disrespectful?
    I'm kind of worried now, I thought Kanye was meant to be amazing live!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diamonddust)
    Oh no!!
    Why are people so disrespectful?
    I'm kind of worried now, I thought Kanye was meant to be amazing live!
    I know, ah well what can you do. I'm sure you'll have a great time though, I wore high heels = a big no no as I actually contemplated crawling back to the car once the concert ended as my feet were that swollen, bad move. Don't be worried, you'll enjoy yourself!

Has anyone heard Kanyes new song? Not Love Lockdown, it's Heartbreak or something like that. I'm not that fond of it, Kanyes music has got pretty 'dark' or something to that effect since the death of his mother, I still love him though!

ReputationRep:
    Whos going to see kanye tomorrow at o2???

ReputationRep:
    Not me. Tell him that Lord Foul said hi.

ReputationRep:
    meee!

ReputationRep:
    Yeh!
    we go together!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diamonddust)
    I'm going tomorrow! I CAN'T WAIT!!! I'm a bit confuzzled by my ticket though, it says standing and it also has a seat and a row number -can someone explain it to me please? And Kanye haters don't burst my bubble with your tales of woe! I'm excited damn it!
    They always have that, mine has it too But for standing you can stand anywhere.

What time are people going for standing?

ReputationRep:
    Going tommorrow.. which is now today!! *dies*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StotheL)
    I know, ah well what can you do. I'm sure you'll have a great time though, I wore high heels = a big no no as I actually contemplated crawling back to the car once the concert ended as my feet were that swollen, bad move. Don't be worried, you'll enjoy yourself!

Has anyone heard Kanyes new song? Not Love Lockdown, it's Heartbreak or something like that. I'm not that fond of it, Kanyes music has got pretty 'dark' or something to that effect since the death of his mother, I still love him though!
    like 7 songs have leaked from kanye's new album...

ReputationRep:
    amazing night
    so happy he played 'spaceship'. was looking forward to that
    around where i was standing, my sister, friend and i were the only ones rapping along to every single song

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lolaface)
    amazing night
    so happy he played 'spaceship'. was looking forward to that
    around where i was standing, my sister, friend and i were the only ones rapping along to every single song
    I was the only one in my group who knew every song and I was standing too! Where abouts were you? How funny was Kanye when he bombed Love Lockdown TWICE? I actually love him!
    I wanted to buy a t shirt but my purse wouldn't let me pay £20! And also it looked like Kanye was wearing a skirt, I couldn't stop laughing! What was your highlight? Jesus Walks was amazing and Flashing Lights was brilliant oh and I wonder and Spaceship and All Falls Down and I loved
    Spoiler:
    Show
    American boy with Estelle because I wasn't expecting it

Oh and what did you think of the opening acts? I couldn't figure out who Consquence was, isn't Consequence a rapper? I didn't like Santogold (too many animal noises!), the crowd annoyed me during the warm up acts because no-one around me was dancing apart from me and my two girl friends!
    I don't think I've ever screamed as constantly as I did last night! It was amazing! But Love Lockdown STILL made me laugh with its crapness, it sounds like he's saying "noey noey noooo". I can't work out what he's saying!

ReputationRep:
    Kanye had to go off to get earphones for Love Lockdown. Kanye was wearing a shirt wrapped around his waist, if you were close like me you would be able to see :p:
    And the merchandise was dead pricey, shame really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inflation)
    Kanye had to go off to get earphones for Love Lockdown. Kanye was wearing a shirt wrapped around his waist, if you were close like me you would be able to see :p:
    And the merchandise was dead pricey, shame really.
    *Glares evilly*
    Did you get a good picture/video of him? I was trying but... I didn't wake up at 6 in the morning like some people to get to the front! :p:
    I've figured now, all I need to do is see Amy Winehouse and Morrissey and my life will be complete! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I was front row, and so the guards were right in front of me. So it was hard, but I took some, I'll PM some to you.
    I knew all the words too I don't really like Gold Digger, probably the worst song of his that he did, but that is the only song everyone knew, WE WANT PRENUP!

Amy Winehouse... meh.
    I just need to see Lupe Fiasco + Kanye West + Pharell = CRS do a gig and I'm sorted!

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.