The Student Room Group

Online group age gaps

Hi! Never made a post here so sorry if this is structured strange

As of a few weeks ago, I got added to a group chat on discord with some friends I met in a game (it's Roblox ik it's a guilty pleasure of mine to play)
In the chat, the ages of us range from 15-17, with me being the only 17 year old, and we mainly talk about our similar interests and games we can play together and such, just general chat yk?
Recently, I noticed that they've added in someone new, who is 13 years old
I'm worried that if I continue to stay in the chat, I'm going to be seen as a creep or predatory, even though my intentions are nothing of the sort and I just want to talk to people with similar interests to me.

Is it weird if I keep in? Or how should I go about leaving if I should leave? I just absolutely can't stand the idea of making these people uncomfortable
i mean as long as you told them your age and arent talking about anything inappropriate then it should be ok? just always talk in that group chat and dont send private messages to the 13 year old.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Spelunker
i mean as long as you told them your age and arent talking about anything inappropriate then it should be ok? just always talk in that group chat and dont send private messages to the 13 year old.

Ya of course! It's the first thing in my bio and I don't really talk to any of them in private messages anyway
I've been in groups with people who are literally retired from work and had fun lol. No one cares about age in online games.

Only time I've seen it as an issue is when 16+ groups don't want to play with 'squeakers'.
There's no need to leave. I'm 30 and play/chat about games online with people far younger than me. I only ever talk to them in group settings and make sure to keep my messages on topic and age-appropriate.
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending