The Student Room Group

Part time job 18 years old

So I’ve completed my A-Level exams almost 3 weeks ago and I have just been chilling. Like playing football with friends, watching movies and basically just killing time. I wanna do a part time job until September and I’ve been applying for part time jobs online. Problem is I’ve been unable to find a job. I don’t even hear back from the ones I applied to on Indeed. Question is how can I find a part time job as an 18 year old who’s just finished sixth form.
i was in the same position as you like a week ago :u: basically what i did was keep applying to loads of jobs on indeed. dont be too picky like trying not to work nights because it wont work out. also look at the different shops near you and go to their website. if you scroll all the way down there should be a carrers tab aswell. as far as getting a job for only until september it may be hard now since jobs might not want to hire someone who is only working a month then leaving, but just keep applying and you will probably find something.
i started applying on the 28th june which was still a bit late and was only able to secure a job at odeon 4 days ago so that gives a bit of a time frame. places like mcdonalds are always hiring though so try them aswell (though i got rejected twice :colonhash:) also make sure you have created a CV. it wont have a lot on their but you can put any experience you have, your grades and a bit about yourself.
Reply 2
Original post by Spelunker
i was in the same position as you like a week ago :u: basically what i did was keep applying to loads of jobs on indeed. dont be too picky like trying not to work nights because it wont work out. also look at the different shops near you and go to their website. if you scroll all the way down there should be a carrers tab aswell. as far as getting a job for only until september it may be hard now since jobs might not want to hire someone who is only working a month then leaving, but just keep applying and you will probably find something.
i started applying on the 28th june which was still a bit late and was only able to secure a job at odeon 4 days ago so that gives a bit of a time frame. places like mcdonalds are always hiring though so try them aswell (though i got rejected twice :colonhash:) also make sure you have created a CV. it wont have a lot on their but you can put any experience you have, your grades and a bit about yourself.

Thank you very much. I have a solid CV and a fair amount of experience. I was wondering if I should continue applying to jobs on Indeed or are there any other platforms? Regarding the McDonald’s job, I don’t have any experience working in a restaurant. Does that matter? :biggrin:
Original post by Falzy
Thank you very much. I have a solid CV and a fair amount of experience. I was wondering if I should continue applying to jobs on Indeed or are there any other platforms? Regarding the McDonald’s job, I don’t have any experience working in a restaurant. Does that matter? :biggrin:

i dont think it matters for experience at mcdonalds as some of my friends worked at mcdonalds at 16 with no experience. the usually train you on the job if you get it
I was the same, I’m 17 and about to go into year 13 and wanted a part time job on weekends. I think the best way to find a job is to go into places with your CV and ask a manager if they have any available jobs. I did this with my most recent part time job and my last one and was hired within the same week. It might not happen with everyone and I may have just gotten lucky, but I would definitely try this at least once because online can be so hidden and they don’t know who they’re hiring

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending