Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone do this paper today? How did you find it?

ReputationRep:
    Argh I just finished it and it pretty much sucked I bet everyone is now gonna say how easy it was or something but I messed up so badly *cries* and this is a damn resit. I need to get a B in it. What dya think the grade boundaries will be like? All I can say is it went better than last time (I actually finished it lol) so hm it's gotta be greater than a D! hahha argh I messed up on the second mechanism (q8b?)

ReputationRep:
    i was supposed to do it as a resit today, but i felt really unprepared for it, so backed out of it..and now i think i'm glad i did. will be doing it in june..let's hope it's easier than todays! were there a lot of questions from module 4? was the module 5 part of it ok?
    good luck!

ReputationRep:
    I would say it wasn't as easy as last summers one. It was probably just me under preparing - again. Hm will I ever learn. I really hope someone else will come on here who's done it and give some feedback. I really need to know how everyone else found it so I have an idea of how i've done or atleast I hope they'll lower the mark boundaries. Last summer it was almost 80% spot on to get an A! I really hope I can get a B in this module Erm I would say some of the synoptic element was a little easier than the module 5 bit. there was a lot on periodicity though.

I don't think there was that much on mod 4.

ReputationRep:
    i think i would have been ok with most of the synoptic questions..all i managed to revise from module 5 was the section on redox reactions, catalysis and a little on transition metal complexes so i was far from ready! you say you will never learn? i'm exactly the same..it was a resit and i still don't revise for it. argh! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    hm exactly! you know i spent 70 quid on resits last year and i still can't get there. i am gonna be in despair if my grade does not improve! are you on a gap year then? are you resitting the whole of chem or just module 5? maybe i should have done it in the summer hm do you know if i can resit it again in teh summer if necessary? i mean i don't know what aqa's policy is but if i've resat it 2 times already will they just take whatever i get the 3rd time or the best of the marks or what? lol and any idea if they will certificate my grade automatically in march even if the grade hasn't improved or do i have to request it to be certificated? *stress* hehe

ReputationRep:
    I don't think i learned enough of mod 5 either!! which might be why i found the synoptic *slightly* better... ooh you know Sulphur is a catalytic poison in the haber process? any idea how it works? cos I got asked this and I didn't know! all i said was that Fe was oxidised to its max ox state so it couldn't react anymore????

ReputationRep:
    yep, i'm on a gap year and need an A by august..*pressure*! i was only going to resit the a2 modules..did 4 which went ok i think so hopefully, i'll only need to do 5 and 6 in june. you will be able to do it again in june so just revise for it..i need to say the same to myself!

catalytic poisions..from what i remember block the active site of the catalyst so reduce it's efficiency and hence increase cost of the process

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.