The Student Room Group

expelled from university

i have been expelled from a university in uk for 6 months can iany other university gave me admission while i am still in UK and my visa didt cancel untill janvary, if yes please help me out which universities accept me and issue me cas. or give me admission??
i am in my final smester of LLM
(edited 1 year ago)
I believe that the visa only applies to your current course I’m afraid, hopefully I’m wrong.
And no other UK Uni is likely to welcome an 'expelled' student.
What were you expelled for?
Bumppppp,

I wanna hear more. Don't know how we can help without more detail or context I'm afraid.
Need to know why you got expelled, if it was serious or something stupid?
Original post by miss goraya
i have been expelled from a university in uk for 6 months can iany other university gave me admission while i am still in UK and my visa didt cancel untill janvary, if yes please help me out which universities accept me and issue me cas. or give me admission??

Well, I assume you were expelled for a good reason e.g. severe and/or repeated academic misconduct... in which case no serious institution will accept or sponsor you.
There's a much older thread here from 9 years ago where a guy got thought he was going to get expelled for getting too drunk on a school trip, urinating in the hotel they stayed at, hundreds in damages, and ending up in a hospital.

If he survived then I'm sure you'll be fine. Admins would've given me a red card if i commented in that thread.
Original post by turbobaithead
There's a much older thread here from 9 years ago where a guy got thought he was going to get expelled for getting too drunk on a school trip, urinating in the hotel they stayed at, hundreds in damages, and ending up in a hospital.

If he survived then I'm sure you'll be fine. Admins would've given me a red card if i commented in that thread.

The OP in this case has already been excluded. It’s done.
Original post by Admit-One
The OP in this case has already been excluded. It’s done.

Survive as in mentally. Memes aside, it's hard to bounce back from these experiences.
What happened?
i have been expelled from a university in uk for 6 months can iany other university gave me admission while i am still in UK and my visa didt cancel untill janvary

If you mean "my current visa is valid to January", then you need to check what the consequences are of being expelled. It may be that your university needs to notify the Home Office, and your visa may be curtailed (i.e. it will expiry earlier). You should talk to your ex-university's international students team to find out what the consequences are for your visa of being expelled.

If you don't comply with visa conditions and become an overstayer, it may well make it more difficult (potentially much more difficult) to get visas in the future (and for other countries too, not just the UK).
Original post by Cloudster
Need to know why you got expelled, if it was serious or something stupid?

the allegations are
i used american english style
i submitted pdf file
the author name on the file is the administrator name of the laptop
the allegations are
i submitted pdf file

Yeah, you're not being expelled for using American English, or for submitting a PDF, or for having a different file owner name. Something more happened.
the allegations are
i submitted pdf file

Does that translate to they suspect -

You are not American, no previous work was in this style so not your work
You dont have the original editable copy only the pdf
The author name is a 3rd party or different from previous submissons

Did you cheat? You are in an anonymous forum you can tell the truth and may get more meaningful help if you do.

Well if you are genuinely getting expelled your visa will get revoked and I expect you will not be able to apply for a different UK university again.
Original post by Anonymous
Does that translate to they suspect -

You are not American, no previous work was in this style so not your work
You dont have the original editable copy only the pdf
The author name is a 3rd party or different from previous submissons

Did you cheat? You are in an anonymous forum you can tell the truth and may get more meaningful help if you do.

Quite. none of this adds up otherwise.
the allegations are
i submitted pdf file

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending