The Student Room Group

John Locke Essay Competition 2022

Guys I wonder if anyone received the shorlost info for the history prize. I am kind of curious if they send out all the emails at the same time or depending on contestants and their category. Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Harry050418
Guys I wonder if anyone received the shorlost info for the history prize. I am kind of curious if they send out all the emails at the same time or depending on contestants and their category. Thanks

I applied with a psychology essay and didn't recieve the short list. Was it meant to come out july 14th?
no I haven't heard anything - psychology
Original post by Harry050418

i just got mine
Reply 4
How many ppl get prizes out of the shortlist
Do you study history?
Hi, I submitted a Politics entry and still haven't received any update regarding rejection/shortlist whatsoever. I emailed the institution on the 16th and also didn't receive any reply from them. Anyone else still experiencing this issue?
Original post by amber1255
Hi, I submitted a Politics entry and still haven't received any update regarding rejection/shortlist whatsoever. I emailed the institution on the 16th and also didn't receive any reply from them. Anyone else still experiencing this issue?

go search 'Robin Koerner' in your email. i found mine in promotion :smile:
Original post by Zkhei-23ob
go search 'Robin Koerner' in your email. i found mine in promotion :smile:

Nope, nothing haha... thanks so much though :smile:
Yep. I am shortlisted for history - it was a congratulations message sent on the 18th of July
Has anyone received any info on the events apart from the shortlist email yet? Got my shortlist email but no info about event🙃
(edited 1 year ago)
History shortlist here as well! Which q did you do?
Original post by unrulyeconomist.
Yep. I am shortlisted for history - it was a congratulations message sent on the 18th of July
Reply 12
Has anyone got information about the prize-giving ceremony? They said they were going to send more emails out a while ago.
Reply 13
Yes just received the email. I joined the Junior category though.
this is strange but could you potentially send over a structure of the event details..?
Reply 15
Congratulations on being selected as a finalist in the 2022 John Locke Institute Junior Essay Competition. Only the highest quality essays were shortlisted for a prize.

It is my very great pleasure to invite you to Oxford to celebrate your achievement, and to participate in an academic programme with the other shortlisted candidates from around the world. I hope you are as excited as I am to be present for the announcement of the winners and runners-up in the Junior category.

To open our formal invitation to the Gala Dinner, please click here.

PROGRAMME

Saturday, 27 August

10:00 - 10:30am: Registration at Wadham College, Oxford
10:45 - 11:15am Lecture: What Makes a Compelling Essay?
11:30 - 12:25pm Seminar Groups for Essay Questions in the Junior Category
12:30pm - 1:20pm Lunch Break
1:30 - 5pm Seminar Groups for Essay Questions in the Junior Category
6:30 - 9:30pm Awards Dinner at St Peter’s College, Oxford
Reply 16
But I am from the Junior category, my gala dinner date is 27 August, that may explain why I receive the invitation letter earlier?
Hi, has anyone who got shortlisted for the psychology essay been contacted regarding the dinner gala yet?

Thanks 😊
Hello there,

I am a history category submitter who got shortlisted,

judging from one of the poster's post about the fact he just got his details, im deducing history category shortlistees should get their details this week, hope im not wrong...
I hope you’re not mistaken in your observation. History category shortlist here as well! Which question did you attempt? I did the first.
Original post by sparkletheowl
Hello there,

I am a history category submitter who got shortlisted,

judging from one of the poster's post about the fact he just got his details, im deducing history category shortlistees should get their details this week, hope im not wrong...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending