The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

My Question is about English test requirements.

Hey, I belong to Pakistan, I want to know about the universities in UK which are accepting a variety of English tests except IELTS or PTE and also want to gather information regarding low cost universities fee structure by means in Engineering field or Project management for postgraduate programs.
Original post by Ahmad Mubasher
Hey, I belong to Pakistan, I want to know about the universities in UK which are accepting a variety of English tests except IELTS or PTE and also want to gather information regarding low cost universities fee structure by means in Engineering field or Project management for postgraduate programs.

HI @Ahmad Mubasher,

Thank you for your question.

For clarification, are you looking to apply to Coventry University? Knowing this will help to inform the Student Ambassadors on how best to respond to your query.

Veronica
(edited 1 year ago)
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
TnQ for ur response, u may notify me here about English language test which is required for Coventry University.
Original post by Ahmad Mubasher
TnQ for ur response, u may notify me here about English language test which is required for Coventry University.

Thank you for your response @Ahmad Mubasher.

There are two options for the English Language Test at Coventry University. You may apply with your own IELTS if you're taking an external exam or you may sit the Coventry University English Language Tests (CUELTs) given by the university. The entry requirements for CUELTs are as follows:

Hold a conditional offer for study at Coventry University, Coventry University London, CU Coventry, or CU Scarborough from the International Office

Have NOT taken the Coventry University English Language test in the last 2 months for the same academic intake

Have NOT undertaken a pre-sessional English course at Coventry University in the last 2 months

To hold a valid IELTS certificate with a minimum of component of 5.0 for entry onto an undergraduate course or a minimum component of 5.5 for entry onto a postgraduate course. An IELTS certificate is valid for 2 years from the test date. If no IELTS certificate can be provided please contact [email protected]

There are documents you need to give to take the test and these are:

Proof of your identity (passport) at registration. You must bring the same identity document on the test day as the one recorded on your booking form. If you do not do this you will not be allowed to take the test and you will not be eligible for a refund or transfer

A photocopy of your ID (passport or national identity card)

Your original, valid IELTS certificate.A copy of your IELTS certificate

Your conditional offer letter from Coventry University

Similar to the IELTS, you are assessed on 4 components which take up to 4 hours to complete and their sections are:

Listening - you will be given three recordings to listen to. You must then answer questions related to these recordings

Reading - you will be given three pieces of text to read. You must then answer questions relating to each text

Writing - you will be given two essay titles for which you will need to write an essay on the subject area

Speaking - you will be prompted to complete a number of speaking tasks during your online assessment

To prepare, you are able to take a practice test a day before the exam. On completion of your exam, your results are revealed within two weeks, which is when you will be notified on whether or not you have met the criteria. As you sit the CUELTs, your results cannot be transferred to other universities and you are not provided the breakdown of your results.

This information can be found here if you would like further information.

I hope this helps. Please let me know how else I can support you.

Veronica

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending