The Student Room Group

How hot will it be for you on Monday or Tuesday.

Icl the thought of 40c is rather worrying for a country like the UK.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ferrograd

yeah, where i am it supposed to be between 35 - 40*C and we still havent been told if we're going to school mon/tue or if it will be virtual learning so :dontknow:

i hope we dont have school or at least have less strict uniform rules cause idk how we're gonna survive in school cause the past few weeks while its like 30*C outside some rooms are more like 37*C so imagine what it would be like in 40*C heat :confused:
Reply 2
Difference sites say different things but between 37-40c for London! So glad it’s only two days though. Just gonna attempt to grin and bear it whilst it lasts.
36c apparently. I'm already well prepared mind you- bought a few sacks of ice today, alongside a shed load of cider.
31 for both days
35 Monday, 37 Tuesday
38 degrees on Monday
34 degrees on Tuesday
Original post by Allie4
Difference sites say different things but between 37-40c for London! So glad it’s only two days though. Just gonna attempt to grin and bear it whilst it lasts.

BBC usually is the least reliable in my experience, the weather channel used by Googel and the Met seem to be the most reliable.
Original post by Ferrograd

I'll be getting up super early before the temperature goes berserk and going to the air conned office, and waiting for it to pass.

Good luck to the rest of you. Every man for themselves. I'll be looking down at the city & the people baking like ants in the sun, sipping my iced coffee with my feet up on the desk.
40 degrees. 🤦*♂️

Luckily I work in a VERY well air conditioned lab, so it will be around 19-20 degrees for me. Working a 12 hour shift, meaning I will be leaving at around 6am and won’t be back until 10:30pm. 😢

At least I escape the heat though…
Original post by NonIndigenous
I'll be getting up super early before the temperature goes berserk and going to the air conned office, and waiting for it to pass.

Good luck to the rest of you. Every man for themselves. I'll be looking down at the city & the people baking like ants in the sun, sipping my iced coffee with my feet up on the desk.

Hope that your workplace air conditioning, all power units and backup power sources get switched on early & stay functional for most of the working day. :crossedf:
26-28C.

I'm looking forward to the Monday, because I have it off and have plans to go to a loch with some of my colleagues, but I'm in the lab all day Tuesday. It's already stupidly hot in there and we need to have skin covered and wear PPE.
(edited 1 year ago)
Was excited and focused on starting my policing career as an officer from Monday.. until I checked the weather.. god 40 degrees is going to murder me. For our induction day on Monday it’s mandatory to come in a full suit business attire which is going to be painful to go through due to the extreme heat wave coming up😭😂 pray for me 🙏
red weather alert in London.
:afraid:
38 and then 37.
I shall make sure to put myself in the fridge overnight to stay cool. :yep:
BBC Weather says 29°C is the high for both days.
35-39 degrees, and I'm on a delivery van shifting furniture all next week :headfire:

I've been in hotter temperatures, and for longer than 2 days, though in less humidity. As for 1976...☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
According to Michael Fish, there'll be light snow on the Monday, slackening off into the evening before even heavier snow on the Tuesday.
Too ****ing hot. Wish I were in the office.
Original post by londonmyst
Hope that your workplace air conditioning, all power units and backup power sources get switched on early & stay functional for most of the working day. :crossedf:

lol good point. Otherwise the building will turn into a microwave.

Quick Reply

Latest