The Student Room Group

Student awaiting eligibility evidence

It's been two months since I have applied for student finance and my application has yet to be confirmed.
Back before I did receive an email saying they are awaiting eligibility evidence so my application is on hold which doesn't make sense considering the fact that I sent them my birth certificate which they got and then returned to me.
I don't know if it means they are still processing my application or if there is a problem with my application

Scroll to see replies

Hi there,

I recommend that you contact us via live chat, so we can look into this further. You can access live chat via your online account 👉 https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-register-login.

Thanks,
Kristina
I did go to the live chat before unfortunately there weren't any officers available
Original post by StrangerMoon
I did go to the live chat before unfortunately there weren't any officers available

Hi There,

I apologise for this; the live chat service is only open from Monday-Friday 9am-5.30pm. If you need to talk us urgently our phone are open until 4pm on Saturdays; you can call us on 0300 100 0607.

Thanks., Erin N
Hey I want to use live chat service, there's no officers available again
Hey I want to use live chat service, there's no officers available again

You can also send us a secure message on the same link between 10-3pm. We'll aim to respond to your query in 3-5 working days.

Alternatively, if you either phone or try the live chat again we will be able to look into this and assist you further.

Thanks, Jason
hey I sent a secure message yesterday and got sent this Screenshot_20220723-021857_Chrome-compressed.jpg.jpeg
does this mean my birth certificate wasn't enough and another question I have is if I do opt for sending my passport is it fine if my passport is expired cause it just expired recently and I'm applying for a new one soon,
It's been two months since I have applied for student finance and my application has yet to be confirmed.
Back before I did receive an email saying they are awaiting eligibility evidence so my application is on hold which doesn't make sense considering the fact that I sent them my birth certificate which they got and then returned to me.
I don't know if it means they are still processing my application or if there is a problem with my application

Hi there, What nationality are you? What date did you receive your birth certificate back? Thanks, Karen
I'm Irish, I sent my Irish birth certificate which they received and sent back to me around May 5th then a couple days later they sent an email saying my account was on hold
I'm Irish, I sent my Irish birth certificate which they received and sent back to me around May 5th then a couple days later they sent an email saying my account was on hold

Do you have an EU share code?

Thanks, Erin
EU share code, I'm not quite sure what that is
EU share code, I'm not quite sure what that is

It is through the EU settlement scheme?

Thanks, Erin
Well I've been living in London for more than 10 years so I've practically grown up here
Well I've been living in London for more than 10 years so I've practically grown up here

If you don't have valid ID, can you call us on 0300 100 0607, so we can discuss what further evidence we might be able to accept.

Thanks, Erin
can I not send my passport, or does it have to be updated to be considered valid cause it just expired recently
can I not send my passport, or does it have to be updated to be considered valid cause it just expired recently

It needs to valid for us to be able to accept this.

Thanks, Erin
this is very confusing because then why couldn't they accept my birth certificate like I sent it and they did receive it and sent email that they did and they sent back to me, so I'm simply confused on what to do now because my application is still on hold
this is very confusing because then why couldn't they accept my birth certificate like I sent it and they did receive it and sent email that they did and they sent back to me, so I'm simply confused on what to do now because my application is still on hold

We can only accept a UK birth certificate.

Thanks, Erin
but it is a UK birth certificate

Quick Reply