The Student Room Group

Practical driving test

I just have a question and it might sound unbelievably stupid so I apologise in advance but you have to use your own car or an instructors car to do the driving test however, how can I get to the test centre with the car if I'm not allowed to drive alone without supervision? Do I need to bring someone and then they get out at the test centre before my test begins?
Reply 1
Technically speaking, you would need someone who holds a full drivers license for at least 3 years, qualified to drive said vehicle and over 21 years of age to take you to the test centre, which could be one of your parents or your instructor if they are available, other than that you can’t really drive yourself there.
You can use your own car, but you would need to have someone with you who is over 21 and has been driving for over 3 years (full license).

It also needs to meet the requirements, I’m sure they are on the DVSA website.
Reply 3
Original post by rexins
Technically speaking, you would need someone who holds a full drivers license for at least 3 years, qualified to drive said vehicle and over 21 years of age to take you to the test centre, which could be one of your parents or your instructor if they are available, other than that you can’t really drive yourself there.

my test isn’t until december, the thing i’m concerned about is getting there because my dad is the only one that drives and he might be at work that day but i’m sure we could work something out since it’s months away

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending