0%
    Boeing 757
    12.50%
    CRJ - 200
    0%
    Airbus A340
    12.50%

ReputationRep:
    What your favorite plane out of these seven choices ?

ReputationRep:
    Concorde :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Favourite aircraft of all would have to be the late, great Concorde.

But out of that list, it's a toss-up between the sleekness of the Citation X and the hugeness of the A380. Given the displays the A380's done at Farnborough, I'll go for that one!

ReputationRep:
    Past times is the concorde, but the future will be the Boeing 787 Dreamliner.

ReputationRep:
    747. Classic.

A380. I mean commme on.

ReputationRep:
    A380

i prefer fast jets, myself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M1R4J)
    Past times is the concorde, but the future will be the Boeing 787 Dreamliner.
    ... if Boeing ever figure out how to build one properly and get it airborne. Which I hope they do.

I'd really like to fly on a Dreamliner and an A380 at some stage - am bored with 747s (the only aircraft I've ever flown on are 747s and Cessna 152/182s!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thomasp)
    ... if Boeing ever figure out how to build one properly and get it airborne. Which I hope they do.

I'd really like to fly on a Dreamliner and an A380 at some stage - am bored with 747s (the only aircraft I've ever flown on are 747s and Cessna 152/182s!)
    They have started producing it, the first flight should be by end of next year. Great design inside aswell.

ReputationRep:
    A340, but only the -500 and -600 variants.

I know its not the biggest, or the fastest, or the best, but it holds a special place in my heart.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M1R4J)
    They have started producing it, the first flight should be by end of next year. Great design inside aswell.
    Not any more. They've found more issues with the bolts/fasteners that requires around 3% of them (10,000+ per aircraft) to be removed and replaced on the four aircraft that will fly AND the two static test beds. As a result, the static tests have had to be halted, and it can't fly until certain static tests have been completed. Boeing haven't officially announced when the first flight will happen, but they've said that it's not going to happen this year. Source: http://www.flightglobal.com/blogs/fl...-fly-in-2.html

And Boeing are only just (as in yesterday) getting back to work after their strike nonsense which saw pretty much all construction on the Dreamliner - and every other Boeing aircraft - halted for 57 days.

Airbus and the A380 were the joke of the aviation industry with their delays. Unfortunately, now the Dreamliner will have clocked up more delays to entry in service than the A380 (assuming their test schedule goes as planned) and is rapidly replacing the A380 as the joke of aviation. Boeing's other main concern is that Airbus found out their problems once they'd got the A380 into the air - any issue on the Dreamliner during flight test will delay the programme further, whereas Airbus had the "luxury" of "hiding" any such issues within the wiring delays.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.