Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    The Secretary General begs leave to inform the GA that the Representative for Russia, Ethereal, has made the decision to give up his post.

I hope you will all join with me in thanking the representative for the time that he has put into the role and wish him all the best for the future.

ReputationRep:
    Andorra is sorry to see the representative go From what little I've seen he's been an excellent debator.

ReputationRep:

It's been great argui...debating with you Ethereal. Hope whatever the reason is doesn't stop you from still being part of the MUN - you've certainly been one of the best reps, and it'd be a shame for us to lose you altogether

WHAT?!!? Lies!! Deceit! Misery!!

Just when things were going to get exciting (i.e. new President )...

ReputationRep:
    But who will be the MUNs bete noir now?

Seems to a be a quickening norm to resign heavy posts these days...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stricof)
    Seems to a be a quickening norm to resign heavy posts these days...
    Just what are you implying? :hmmm:

:p:

(Original post by ukebert)
    Just what are you implying? :hmmm:

:p:
    Shouldn't need to imply anything to be honest.
    I just note the high level of stress that comes with being in the core countries or China, USA, Russia, UK, France etc...and thus I do not blame them for quitting such a demanding role; only the fittest survive the post.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say it is that stressful - being a p5 nation is alot of fun (it's one of the main reasons i've returned to TSR.)

'gratulations on a good run ethy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stricof)
    Shouldn't need to imply anything to be honest.
    I just note the high level of stress that comes with being in the core countries or China, USA, Russia, UK, France etc...and thus I do not blame them for quitting such a demanding role; only the fittest survive the post.
    Being a P5 rep isn't at all stressful. I echo lodz's sentiments that it's great fun (as being part of the MUN should be of course )

We're rarely called upon to vote in the SC and we only have 1 vote in the GA, the same as everyone else. Other than having to contribute regularly to debate it's not particularly time consuming either.

I know I've already said this, but I think we all hope Ethereal comes back to fill some sort of role in the MUN :yep:

P.S. Good Luck in the Russia election lodz. I'm sure it's going to be fun

I stand corrected, sorry guys :yep:

ReputationRep:
    [ooc][/ooc]

ReputationRep:
    I have never taken on a P5 role :o: Although I was a non-permanent member for months and months.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    China thanks the MUN representative for Russia for serving the MUN loyally and wishes them well in the future.

ReputationRep:
    Italy is incredibly upset at seeing the Russian Delegate go, and wishes them the very best in the future.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    For the avoidance of doubt, the decision to stand down as russia had nothing to do with being a p5 nation.

I have an incredibly busy life - I work a long hour, important job that quite often involves travel at short notice and do a PhD part time around that. I have also had a difficult 6 months with other things.

Being a good p5 rep is a piece of piss so there are no excuses for being rubbish!

It is undecided if I am going to leave mun, or take a non-country role. There is an idea in the pipeline (I am led to believe) that would allow me to take a contraversial yet burdenless role. If such a chance arises I will give it due consideration. It is something that would be up to you all as it would involve the creation of an administrative change to the constitution.

Meantime, thank you for the warm response

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ethereal)
    There is an idea in the pipeline (I am led to believe) that would allow me to take a contraversial yet burdenless role. If such a chance arises I will give it due consideration. It is something that would be up to you all as it would involve the creation of an administrative change to the constitution.
    I'm intrigued :curious:

ReputationRep:
    Yaay, he might return to us! Ah, the arguments shall continue.

The representative for Germany notes the return of his previous comment and thanks the SG

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm...our dear friend Ethereal is listed as a MUN Helper in the Admin thread. He's sticking around
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    ? What?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.