Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So, I came home on Friday night (Comp Sci students finally get their reading week this week!) and to be honest... I hate it.

I've tried to spend as much time as possible out with friends, and that's been great by all means. But the bits where i'm just at home with my sister or parents is just rubbish! It's too quiet in comparison to life back on campus, and all the hilarious stories just aren't as hilarious when you recount them to people who weren't there. Been nice to see my parents, and sister and stuff. But the whole time here i've been counting down the days til I return.

Roll on getting on that train back to Canterbury East tommorow and getting a smile when I see Tyler Court. Home! :yep:

Anybody else loving campus life and not so much loving life back home?

ReputationRep:
    One big happy family

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vintage <3)
    One big happy family
    Haha. I make myself sound like I don't like them! :rolleyes:

I do like them...I just like my flatmates more :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kalby)
    Haha. I make myself sound like I don't like them! :rolleyes:

I do like them...I just like my flatmates more :p:

LOOL how honest
    But yeaah i totally understand.

ReputationRep:
    I went home for my reading week.

Last year I stayed on campus the whole term and only went home for the holidays. However after five weeks, I was sick of this town and university and wanted a break :o:

ReputationRep:
    I know what you mean. When I go home, it's like i'm just sitting there doing nothing. There's none of the spontaneity of campus, where someone just bangs on your door and drags you to the pub or whatever. It's weird. I love seeing my family, of course, but I equally love coming back to Uni.

ReputationRep:
    Normally I'd have a long weekend at home midway through the semester, but money issues are preventing that this term. And I don't get a reading week.
    Although I love uni, I'm not going to see my family or home for 3 months, which does bum me out a bit - especially with all the stresses that pre-christmas exams have brought.

ReputationRep:
    All my housemates have gone home atleast once....all but one go home loads! I haven't been home at all yet

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one here who likes to go home?

I go home every other week to see my family and friends. I do like University, but it's nice to go home and see everyone. I actually really get on with my parents and sister and we've always been a close family anyway. Our parents have always treated us on an equal level so we get on really well. I know it's sad, but it's nice just to sit down and watch telly together with a beer and a take away. I actually really appreciate the fact that I am able to go home often.
    Last week when I went home I went to see my mate who I haven't seen for a long time...not in a pub, but at his grandad's 70th birthday party! We had a few drinks and danced with the kids and oldies, and his grandad kept coming up to me because he really loves archaeology and he was really enthused by the fact that I'm studying it at Uni!
    I guess I just really like the company of older people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saruken)
    Am I the only one here who likes to go home?
    I'm more of a family person then a go out clubbing every bloody night person, so I enjoy being at home. Apart from being around my sister :shifty: I can annoy my dog and poke him.

But I don't like travelling, so I mainly go back holidays, and possibly next terms reading week too.

ReputationRep:
    Not been home yet, I get people to come to me :p:

ReputationRep:
    I went home at the beginning of November. It was okay, nice to see my parents and all, but I didn't like the disruption to my routine..

ReputationRep:
    Only 4 days until I can go home :jive:

ReputationRep:
    ive been home twice (once for reasons out of my control), been to exeter and now leeds, and popping in to home this weekend too. However, i now have no money to pay for train or coach, so thats the last of my life as a travelling man.

ReputationRep:
    I went a few times, to eat

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.