Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to message him on Facebook without looking like a complete tool Watch

ReputationRep:
    Ok so there is this guy who I noticed at one of our first socials, we spoke briefly. I have a bit of a crush on him. I happened to see him briefly today and know he noticed me. I am tempted to write him an email saying "Hey werent you the guy who spilt your beer all over me at the union? I am pretty sure it was you in rowing today." And see how he responds. It is just an attempt for me to break the ice. However he is now listed as in a relationship as of today so nothing can ever happen anyway but still it would be cool to have him as friend especially since we are in pretty much the same societies.
    It might seem strange but I feel more comfortable approaching him now I know he is in a relationship

I just feel a bit sad writing him that message

I would like an honest opinion from the guys

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you try speaking to him again in person and then add him on facebook/message him? It will look less stalkerish maybe.. and if you already have him added, then just ask something related to one of the societies or discuss something you have in common. I don't really think it's a good idea to write to him about the spilt beer though . Also, wall messages seem less personal than private ones, if you want to appear more casual (that's just my opinion though!).

ReputationRep:
    I would leave writing anything on his wall just now, why not try and become friendly with him in the real world? that way you'll actually have a connection rather than being some random person who wrote on his wall who he doesn't really know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Favole)
    Why don't you try speaking to him again in person and then add him on facebook/message him? It will look less stalkerish maybe.. and if you already have him added, then just ask something related to one of the societies or discuss something you have in common. I don't really think it's a good idea to write to him about the spilt beer though . Also, wall messages seem less personal than private ones, if you want to appear more casual (that's just my opinion though!).
    TBH it is going to be a whole week till I see him again

I am just slightly peeved that he got a girlfriend is all as I thought he was a cutie
    :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sovay)
    I would leave writing anything on his wall just now, why not try and become friendly with him in the real world? that way you'll actually have a connection rather than being some random person who wrote on his wall who he doesn't really know.
    Aargh it is so hard bumping into him in the real world

Do you think it is even worth becoming friends with him if he has a girlfriend? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crumblencustard)

I am just slightly peeved that he got a girlfriend is all as I thought he was a cutie
    Why can't you wait that long? and considering he's got a gf it probably won't happen still being flirty with him when you don't know him very well he might thinks it's a bit stalkerish..

:confused:

ReputationRep:
    Aargh it is so hard bumping into him in the real world

Do you think it is even worth becoming friends with him if he has a girlfriend? :confused:

well if your both friendly towards each why can't you be friends? Why not forget about him in 'that' way considering you don't get to see much of each other it probably wouldn't have worked anyway.

plus.. i'm sure there's loads of other single good looking lads around

ReputationRep:

I'm in a similar situation right now, but I know the guy a bit more. Still, him finding a girl out of the blue was kind of a surprise. Anyway, try and wait till next week and then talk to him. If nothing else at least you can have a new friend and that's always good; plus, just think that you don't really know him well enough to have proper feelings for him so it's not the end of the world that he's taken. There will be more cute guys around!

ReputationRep:
    yeah sounds fine to me, talking online makes it easier to talk irl usually. i dont think he'll find it weird or stalkerish, as far as he knows you just randomly found him on facebook and felt like saying hello. which is pretty true.

ReputationRep:
    unless i'm wrong, its all girls responding

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 29, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.