The Student Room Group

is this normal? obsessed with this boy on holiday

i’m on holiday at the moment and there’s this guy who works at the hotel bar who i keep catching eyes with, smiling and being a bit flirty with. i’m not out yet but i’m obsessed with this man and i don’t know why, when he’s not working i literally get sad and i’ve hardly spoke to him he just serves me and my family and i really just want to ask for his socials but he may tell one of the hotel staff or something- i’m probably overthinking it
but why am i so obsessed? is it because i’ve never really been with a guy and i’m not out so i get easily attached? i’m going to be sad when i leave because i’ll never see him again
Ah yes. The ol' nasty twink working at the holiday hotel scenario.

This is the worst idea I have ever heard of, and that includes Napoleon invading Russia in the winter.
Go for it and get his socials bro- worst thing that happens is that you get rejected and never see him again
Original post by Trinculo
Ah yes. The ol' nasty twink working at the holiday hotel scenario.

This is the worst idea I have ever heard of, and that includes Napoleon invading Russia in the winter.

can you explain what you mean- what’s bad about it
Original post by Anonymous
Go for it and get his socials bro- worst thing that happens is that you get rejected and never see him again

i know but i’m not out and don’t want my family to know- i might
i know but i’m not out and don’t want my family to know- i might

Ohhh right. I get your struggle lol- I'm also closeted to my family. Get his socials anyway (when your family aren't paying attention) and if they notice and ask just say you had a nice conversation with him and are friends now. They don't know you're gay so they probably won't question it further. Good luck!
Reply 6
i’m on holiday at the moment and there’s this guy who works at the hotel bar who i keep catching eyes with, smiling and being a bit flirty with. i’m not out yet but i’m obsessed with this man and i don’t know why, when he’s not working i literally get sad and i’ve hardly spoke to him he just serves me and my family and i really just want to ask for his socials but he may tell one of the hotel staff or something- i’m probably overthinking it
but why am i so obsessed? is it because i’ve never really been with a guy and i’m not out so i get easily attached? i’m going to be sad when i leave because i’ll never see him again

If you have never been with a guy as you said then you can easily get attached to someone who you fancy. But sometimes it can happen even if you are very experienced with these things.
Ohhh right. I get your struggle lol- I'm also closeted to my family. Get his socials anyway (when your family aren't paying attention) and if they notice and ask just say you had a nice conversation with him and are friends now. They don't know you're gay so they probably won't question it further. Good luck!

well i’m bisexual but only have a physical attraction to guys so i’m just not bothered about telling them. thank you for replying and i’ll take ur advice on board :smile:
well i’m bisexual but only have a physical attraction to guys so i’m just not bothered about telling them. thank you for replying and i’ll take ur advice on board :smile:

That's fair enough- you don't owe anyone a coming out. Good luck!
That's fair enough- you don't owe anyone a coming out. Good luck!

well last night i spoke to him for a while whilst he was working and got his instagram. very nice guy and kept talking to me and was interested as well lol
well last night i spoke to him for a while whilst he was working and got his instagram. very nice guy and kept talking to me and was interested as well lol

Once u guys start talking for about 2 months ask him if he is into u that way... i have learned from experience that if u don't ask ur heart will be crushed, im bi so... know how u feel.
Is he a local does he have brown hair and eyes

Aw that's so good. I'm rooting for you! :smile:
can you explain what you mean- what’s bad about it

You see, the Russian army had a policy known as “scorched earth” which means that they would burn any land before they retreat. This poses logistical challenges for the invading army, in this case, Napoleon, as he had to transport food across long distances instead of living on food in the newly claimed land. Napoleon captured Moscow in September and waited 5 weeks for the Russian surrender which never came. By that time, it was already too late to retreat due to snow which lead to massive losses.
Original post by karl pilkington
Is he a local does he have brown hair and eyes

what?😂
Original post by hungrysalamander
You see, the Russian army had a policy known as “scorched earth” which means that they would burn any land before they retreat. This poses logistical challenges for the invading army, in this case, Napoleon, as he had to transport food across long distances instead of living on food in the newly claimed land. Napoleon captured Moscow in September and waited 5 weeks for the Russian surrender which never came. By that time, it was already too late to retreat due to snow which lead to massive losses.

love the knowledge but how does that apply to what i’m talking about
Original post by frneverhadsex
Once u guys start talking for about 2 months ask him if he is into u that way... i have learned from experience that if u don't ask ur heart will be crushed, im bi so... know how u feel.

i don’t expect anything serious- but it’s just heartbreaking i don’t know why that i’ve gone and we’re in seperate countries now
love the knowledge but how does that apply to what i’m talking about

I thought you wanted to know why invading Russia in winter is a bad idea. Other examples include operation barbarossa and Charles XII of Sweden.

Quick Reply

Latest