Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My friend is in a relationship with a girl. However he has updated his facebook and simply says he is in a relationship but isnt choosing to say who with. What gives? Is he ashamed of her or something? :p: I am one of his closest friends does this mean he doesnt trust me

ReputationRep:
    I think you are reading way too much into things to be honest!

ReputationRep:
    He changed his Facebook relationship status so he automatically doesn't trust you...Yep, makes sense.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe he would rather not have random people on facebook knowing the inerworkings of his life.... comeon my teacher from year 4 added me on facebook, along with a bunch of my brothers and sisters friends, i wouldnt want all of them to know who i am going out with immediatly. you are reading too much into it, at least he changed his status- it just means for people to find out who she is they have to ask, protects her privacy as much as his really

ReputationRep:
    i think you are being paranoid honestly. i dont think its a big deal to not change the relationship status on facebook. unless you're a hardcore facebooker

ReputationRep:
    Did it say it was you/her (im confused between title and post) before he changed it? If he's taken the name off then maybe.. I wouldn't say you're being too paranoid. Though i can't think of an explanation... Just ask him in casual conversation. *shrug*

ReputationRep:
    Maybe facebook is just waiting for her to confirm that she is in the relationship? Both parties have to hit a button - hey.. maybe SHE is ashamed of HIM??!!

ReputationRep:
    Maybe its a conspiracy, and really he isn't in a relationship at all with her, and its an elaborate plan to trick, you, and only you.

Or, maybe he didn't want every single person on his friends list knowing who's going out with, but he knows you know anyway, else he would have told you.

ReputationRep:
    Psht, tbh it's none of your business if he chooses to divulge that information or not.

Nosey parker.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.