Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Please keep anonymous, I'm not sure if the person uses this site.

Anyway, this morning I woke up to an e-mail from one my old friends. Old meaning we went through a really bad patch and drifted. When I first started secondary school she was always there for me, she would never leave me, we had so much in common, for the first time I felt like I actually had a decent friend. Then it all turned around. She became so self centered and horrible. She didn't care about anything I had to say. We had to talk about what she wanted and if I started a conversation that didn't interest her, she would just ingore me, or talk to other people about how all I talk about is this and that. I used to do everything she said, agree with everything she said (if I didn't she would fall out or get angry) and I never had my own mind at all, I wasnt myself, or at least I don't think I was. She started going with other people, I began to not trust her and she just left school without even telling me and i've never seen her since. She really affected me to the point I didnt go to school before she left. I felt awkward, I felt as is my friendship isnt even worth going to school for and I changed for the bad. But when she did leave, I got back on my own two feet and right now I am pretty happy. I am more confident, I feel less awkward at school and I have now got my own mind and don't just let people walk over me. Today, the email basically said that she missed me and was thanking me for the times we had etc.
    I do agree we had amazing times and I do this them, I miss the times, I miss the old friend but I don't know if I miss what she has became. I have thought previously about writing to her, but I never thought she would be interested. I have so many thoughts in my head right now; is this genuine? does she want something? does she really miss me? is it worth it? I don't know whether to reply saying I feel the same as her or reply saying that I have changed, became a stronger person, but I am willing to give it a go (this might make it awkward though.) Or reply saying that, I just can't.
    I really don't know, anyone else been in this situation? ? I probably just need time to think it through.

ReputationRep:
    You'll never know if you dont reply. Sometimes people change for the worse, other times they change for the better, sometimes they change for the worse and then back for the better. Reply but bewary incase she just wants something. No harm in a reply, if she wants to meet up and you dont claim that you are totally snowed under

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.