The Student Room Group

ThrivingFrog's Summer Blog!

Thrivingfrog's Summer Blog!!!
Hello and welcome to my blog! Here I will be sharing everything I get up to this summer :woo:
For those of you who don't know who I am, here's some info about me...

Spoiler

I hope too update this thread every week or so with formal updates, but consistency is unfortunately not a strong point for me, so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

please let me know if you would like to be tagged!
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Update 18/07/2022

Welcome to my first update!
This week I honestly don't have much to do as no work this week (zero hour contract) and all of my job applications have been ignored :frown:, here is a list of the things I am getting up to though!

I have an awards evening to go to tomorrow night at my high school as I won an award for chemistry- don't ask how I do not know

May be meeting up with a friend later this week who I haven't seen since December (we live at opposite ends of the country)

Got some filming to do

Going to get my nails done :woo:

I also started learning the 1st movement of Moonlight Sonata on the piano today so hoping to make some progress with that this week, on that note however I haven't played piano in 2 years so this may or may not completely fail :lol:

I've recently started journaling- literally 5 days ago- but so far I'm keeping up with it daily so hopefully this continues!

Its 33 degrees right now where I am and I'm hiding inside with the curtains closed watching TBBT so I don't overheat and expire like lettuce- I had to have a BLT without the L yesterday :redface:

Hope you're all having a great day!
i would like to get tag on your blog and see what you get to over the summer and good luck for your gcse exam results! :smile:
Subscribing :smile:

What A levels are you hoping to take?
Original post by Muttley79
Subscribing :smile:

What A levels are you hoping to take?

Biology, maths and psychology :smile:

Original post by sophie hart
i would like to get tag on your blog and see what you get to over the summer and good luck for your gcse exam results! :smile:

Thank you!
Update 19/07/2022

I'm meant to be at the awards evening I mentioned in my previous post right now, but instead I am sat at home because my school messed up. As I have just finished year 11, I no longer have the uniform or anything really to do with the school because I'm not going to its sixth form. My lack of uniform wasn't originally an issue as the letter I got sent 2 weeks ago said that Year 11s do not need to wear uniform for the awards evening, however today they decided to change their mind and decided that Year 11s do have to wear full school uniform, meaning I haven't been able to go and collect my award as they won't let me go in my own clothes because it makes them 'look bad as a school'.

At least now I have time to read the book I started last night (if you can class 1am as last night?) I guess :redface:

Hope you're all having a great day and who knows, maybe they'll give my award to my sister to take home :dontknow:
Original post by thrivingfrog
Update 19/07/2022

I'm meant to be at the awards evening I mentioned in my previous post right now, but instead I am sat at home because my school messed up. As I have just finished year 11, I no longer have the uniform or anything really to do with the school because I'm not going to its sixth form. My lack of uniform wasn't originally an issue as the letter I got sent 2 weeks ago said that Year 11s do not need to wear uniform for the awards evening, however today they decided to change their mind and decided that Year 11s do have to wear full school uniform, meaning I haven't been able to go and collect my award as they won't let me go in my own clothes because it makes them 'look bad as a school'.

At least now I have time to read the book I started last night (if you can class 1am as last night?) I guess :redface:

Hope you're all having a great day and who knows, maybe they'll give my award to my sister to take home :dontknow:

At least you can avoid the really hot temperatures and i tried repping you but you on PRSOM again! :smile:
At least you can avoid the really hot temperatures and i tried repping you but you on PRSOM again! :smile:

They have air con :bawling: meanwhile I'm stuck in an overheating room with an overheating laptop on my knee (although the latter is completely my problem and fault) You repped my first update :smile:
Subscribing to this :woo:
Update 19/07/2022

Hi thrivingfrog.

This sounds like a shambles but at least you got something out of missing the event. :biggrin:

Good luck with the blog and have a great summer! :smile:
Original post by TriplexA
Hi thrivingfrog.

This sounds like a shambles but at least you got something out of missing the event. :biggrin:

Good luck with the blog and have a great summer! :smile:

I do value my alone-reading time highly I must admit :yes:
Thankyou and I hope your summer is going great :woo:
Update 19/07/2022

That's pretty awful of them - our Year 11s didnt come to prize giving in uniform - they've left school now/

Well done on the award btw :smile:
Original post by Muttley79
That's pretty awful of them - our Year 11s didnt come to prize giving in uniform - they've left school now/

Well done on the award btw :smile:

exactly my thought process! makes no sense at all :no:
thanks! kinda typical that the year I finally get one I can't even recieve it though :lol:
They have air con :bawling: meanwhile I'm stuck in an overheating room with an overheating laptop on my knee (although the latter is completely my problem and fault) You repped my first update :smile:

Yea and can't rep you anymore i am also in the same situation sitting in overheating room with my laptop oveheating on my knee with a fan but now the weather says it going to rain at eight hopefully that happens!:smile:
Yea and can't rep you anymore i am also in the same situation sitting in overheating room with my laptop oveheating on my knee with a fan but now the weather says it going to rain at eight hopefully that happens!:smile:

I don't even have a fan :no: just me, myself and my high body temperature:lol:
Lucky! There's no forecasted rain for me :frown:
I don't even have a fan :no: just me, myself and my high body temperature:lol:
Lucky! There's no forecasted rain for me :frown:

Do you live in england if so what part as i live in London! :smile: You should get yourself a fan i don't understand how you can survive in the heat without a fan??
Do you live in england if so what part as i live in London! :smile: You should get yourself a fan i don't understand how you can survive in the heat without a fan??

I live in greater manchester (I seem to be one of the only people who don't live in london/down south sometimes :lol:) I would get myself a fan but I've banned myself from spending money on unnecessary items
I live in greater manchester (I seem to be one of the only people who don't live in london/down south sometimes :lol:) I would get myself a fan but I've banned myself from spending money on unnecessary items

I’d consider a fan necessary in this heat :s-smilie:
Mind you, I don’t have one either, but it’s 32 degrees in my room and I’m melting!

i don't think that a fan is an unnecessary item especially in this heat!!
Reply 19
Good luck with a-levels :smile:,

How's the moonlight sonata coming along?, the 2nd movement is my favorite one out of the three but the 1st also sounds really nice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending