Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Please keep anon or delete as I know people who frequently use this forum

Ok, I know there's been loads of threads about this before but basically - me and my boyfriends have tried to have sex about four times. We're using lube, foreplay beforehand...everything... and it is still pretty painful. I've now accepted the fact that I think its going to hurt a lot and next time am going to try to ride it out and swallow the pain. Anyone got any advice to relax during this?! And what are the prcentages of women who have to have their hymen surgically broken because its so tough? Could it be possible this is what causing the problem?

Thanks

BoyfriendS?

You'll just need to get used to it a little more at first - it was incredibly painful the first few times I had sex. Make sure you're doing it with someone you trust, put some music on if you'd prefer, have the lighting how you want it and ask your boyfriend to be as gentle as he can. If you really have a problem, see a doctor?

sorry lol - boyfriend....not plural

ReputationRep:
    Take up Yoga.

ReputationRep:
    practice makes perfect. treat each time like your first as you wont know what to expect, for all you know that could be the time it doesnt hurt and dont think about it, just enjoy the moment, being close to your bf etc good luck, its worth the struggle, sex hurt for ages with me but its so so enjoyable now

ReputationRep:
    Practise on yourself? Try and stretch it a bit beforehand?

Good luck!

:hugs:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.