The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Howard
.......a raving homosexual endeavoring to "turn" America's young? Or is the membership of Focus on the Family and the American Family Association open exclusively to the deranged?

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/TV/01/20/sponge.bob.reut/

their main evidence is based on a survey which found that a big part of the audience are young gay adults. Now no-one moans that the Simpsons is attempting to turn the worlds youths into f*cking geeks, so why maon the square pants is trying to turn them gay. Next they'll be attacking the rainbow - the longstanding symbol of gay pride!
Reply 2
That whole fiasco made me laugh. Americans, eh?
Reply 3
quadrocat
That whole fiasco made me laugh. Americans, eh?

Totally crazy american christian groups eh?

I for one find it amazing they would even consider attacking spongebob, credibility goes right down the drain, its ridiculous. You know you have a good life when you worry about cartoon charactors holding hands :rolleyes:
PadFoot90
Totally crazy american christian groups eh?

I for one find it amazing they would even consider attacking spongebob, credibility goes right down the drain, its ridiculous. You know you have a good life when you worry about cartoon charactors holding hands :rolleyes:

Silly thing is i can't remember them complaining when super ted and spotty used to hold hands...
Reply 5
foolfarian
Silly thing is i can't remember them complaining when super ted and spotty used to hold hands...

Hahaha, thanks for bringing back a fond childhood memory there.
Reply 6
foolfarian
their main evidence is based on a survey which found that a big part of the audience are young gay adults. Now no-one moans that the Simpsons is attempting to turn the worlds youths into f*cking geeks, so why maon the square pants is trying to turn them gay. Next they'll be attacking the rainbow - the longstanding symbol of gay pride!

People do complain.

I think that they are right about sponge bob. It's always seemed gay to me, and I think that Focus on the Family is right to try to keep kids from it.
Reply 7
SpongeBob, who lives in a pineapple under the sea, was "outed" by the U.S. media in 2002 after reports that the TV show and its merchandise are popular with gays. His creator, Stephen Hillenburg, said at the time that though SpongeBob was an oddball, he thought of all the characters in the show as asexual.

Beautiful quote. The sarcasm is blinding.

Would these "Christians" rather their kids were friends with homosexuals, or kicking the crap out of them?
Moncal
People do complain.

I think that they are right about sponge bob. It's always seemed gay to me, and I think that Focus on the Family is right to try to keep kids from it.

Oh yeh bang on, should also try to steer away from some of those darkie channels too :rolleyes:
Reply 9
foolfarian
Oh yeh bang on, should also try to steer away from some of those darkie channels too :rolleyes:

darkie channels?
Reply 10
Moncal
People do complain.

Why am I not surprized? :rolleyes:
lessthanthree
As far as I'm aware, it was a facetious attempt to suggest that if you intend to steer children away from programmes apparently promoting homosexuality, that you ought to, in the same vein, steer children away from channels promoting multiculturalism and other races.

I think.

Indeed it was.
I do love the word facetious...
Reply 12
foolfarian
Indeed it was.
I do love the word facetious...

I don't. It reminds me of faeces.
Reply 13
Whats the argument? That gay icon Spongebob doesnt represent homosexuality in a diversity video, or that Christian groups are complaining against this diversity?
Reply 14
foolfarian

And Morecombe and Wise regularly had sketches in which they were both in bed together. I don't remember them being accused of promoting a gay lifestyle (in fact I doubt in those less paranoid days it crossed anybody's mind)
Reply 15
vienna95
Whats the argument? That gay icon Spongebob doesnt represent homosexuality in a diversity video, or that Christian groups are complaining against this diversity?

That the Christian groups are seeing something that just ain't there. As usual.
Reply 16
Moncal
People do complain.

I don't mind if they teach the children what homosexuality *is*, that some people *are* homo's, and that you must be understanding, tolerent and considerate.

However, I draw the line at teaching the children that homosexuality is normal, which it clearly isn't.
Howard
And Morecombe and Wise regularly had sketches in which they were both in bed together. I don't remember them being accused of promoting a gay lifestyle (in fact I doubt in those less paranoid days it crossed anybody's mind)

didnt bert and ernie used to too?
Douglas
I don't mind if they teach the children what homosexuality *is*, that some people *are* homo's, and that you must be understanding, tolerent and considerate.

However, I draw the line at teaching the children that homosexuality is normal, which it clearly isn't.

Normal is a very subjective thing.

Besides which this is part of this whole new culture of trying to define normal. Like these silly anti-homosexual drives, and how because of how we've been ingrained so much we can't help but question why a man is hugging a kiddie when you see them in the park
Reply 19
Howard
.......a raving homosexual endeavoring to "turn" America's young? Or is the membership of Focus on the Family and the American Family Association open exclusively to the deranged?

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/TV/01/20/sponge.bob.reut/

Yep it is in the same way that Harry Potter incites devil worship.

Latest

Trending

Trending