The Student Room Group

dentistry resitting and reapplying

I am quite confused as to how the resitting and reapplying process works if your applying for dentistry. I just sat my a levels and if I was to resit one of my a levels would I have to resit in May/June 2023 and then reapply in October of 2023? does that mean I have to take 2 gap years? someone said that they only took 1 gap year when they resat and reapplied but how would that work since you have to resit the following summer, and reapply that autumn. If anyone has resat their a levels and reapplied for dentistry/knows about the process, pls help and lmk how it worked ! thanks
Original post by d1234321
I am quite confused as to how the resitting and reapplying process works if your applying for dentistry. I just sat my a levels and if I was to resit one of my a levels would I have to resit in May/June 2023 and then reapply in October of 2023? does that mean I have to take 2 gap years? someone said that they only took 1 gap year when they resat and reapplied but how would that work since you have to resit the following summer, and reapply that autumn. If anyone has resat their a levels and reapplied for dentistry/knows about the process, pls help and lmk how it worked ! thanks

Hi there.

You can apply for 2023 entry, this October, and can put your resit qualification as pending resit in summer 2023.

Hope this makes sense. :smile:
Best wishes.
Reply 2
Original post by TriplexA
Hi there.

You can apply for 2023 entry, this October, and can put your resit qualification as pending resit in summer 2023.

Hope this makes sense. :smile:
Best wishes.

Hi,
thanks for the response!
On what basis would they invite someone to an interview if they are hoping to resit, and don't have their resit grades yet?
Hi,
thanks for the response!
On what basis would they invite someone to an interview if they are hoping to resit, and don't have their resit grades yet?

Your predicted grades, GCSE’s and UCAT score.
Reply 4
what if your other achieved grades are better than the predicted grades (the subjects that you won't be resitting), would you reapply with those?
Original post by hungrysalamander
Your predicted grades, GCSE’s and UCAT score.
what if your other achieved grades are better than the predicted grades (the subjects that you won't be resitting), would you reapply with those?

If you're not resitting a subject then you would submit your achieved grades on UCAS instead of marking it as "pending" (you still need to declare the results of the subject you're resitting). Predicted grades are only given to subjects pending results.
Reply 6
ok thanks !
Original post by hungrysalamander
If you're not resitting a subject then you would submit your achieved grades on UCAS instead of marking it as "pending" (you still need to declare the results of the subject you're resitting). Predicted grades are only given to subjects pending results.

Quick Reply

Latest