The Student Room Group
They probably would help you cover getting a pair:

"1. What's included in DSAs? If you have a mental health condition, a long term illness or any other disability, or a learning difference such as dyslexia, ADHD or Autism Spectrum Condition, you can apply for Disabled Students' Allowances (DSAs) to cover some of the extra costs of studying you may have."
Original post by SorenKingsman
I'm autistic. I can't afford noise cancelling headphones, but I do think they would help me study (and live) a lot more easily. Do you think the Student Finance England DSA would help me cover a pair?

you have to argue its an issue you specifically have for studying, so it's a grey area if they'd agree to it. Noise reduction earplugs are much cheaper if they don't allow it
I'm autistic. I can't afford noise cancelling headphones, but I do think they would help me study (and live) a lot more easily. Do you think the Student Finance England DSA would help me cover a pair?

Are these supplied as part of your ILP at school? That would make a strong case ...

hi, I know you said you can't afford them but I have found some on amazon for £10 (ear defenders) so they might work
Original post by Jess_Lomas
hi, I know you said you can't afford them but I have found some on amazon for £10 (ear defenders) so they might work

I know its an old thread. However ear defenders and noise cancelling headphones, are most certainly not the same thing. When it comes to studying I also need them, especially as many come with a microphone, which really helps when doing type-less essays for my assignments. I Hope he got the help.

Latest

Trending

Trending