The Student Room Group

my predicted grades are terrible, do you think i have a chance.

(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by donald limbu
ive always believed that if somebody tries hard enough they will make it but my predicted arent saying it. I will try if i know i have a chance, how many hours do you think i should study a day, i want to push to get atleast all grade 6 or 7 , i am very anxious of my future and paranoid, my parents dont believe in me neither do the teachers.
heres a list of my predicted:
english lit and lang : 4
maths : 6
science : 6
dt : 4-
geography : 4-
btec it : p

Are these predictions or targets? It seems a bit early for predictions.
Original post by Muttley79
Are these predictions or targets? It seems a bit early for predictions.

these are my year 10 end of year mock results and i feel doomed for gcse
there's always a second chance
ive always believed that if somebody tries hard enough they will make it but my predicted arent saying it. I will try if i know i have a chance, how many hours do you think i should study a day, i want to push to get atleast all grade 6 or 7 , i am very anxious of my future and paranoid, my parents dont believe in me neither do the teachers.

I did horrendous and I got similar. my predicted are 7s + 8s but I got so low for some reason. dont worry bout it, just think of it as progress x
Original post by LilyBerkley

actually your right im just gonan grind hard as possible
these are my year 10 end of year mock results and i feel doomed for gcse

Get your papers back and undersatnad where you went wrong - it's early days and you aren't doomed.
Original post by Muttley79
Get your papers back and undersatnad where you went wrong - it's early days and you aren't doomed.

yeah your right , i was having a loser mentality but now ive got a fresh mind ready to demolish exams
Original post by sarakardshian
I did horrendous and I got similar. my predicted are 7s + 8s but I got so low for some reason. dont worry bout it, just think of it as progress x

instead of worrying ima try and just solve my problem if that makes sense, thanks for the reassurance i was having panic attacks over my results lol
instead of worrying ima try and just solve my problem if that makes sense, thanks for the reassurance i was having panic attacks over my results lol

I wouldn't stress too much about your GCSE's. Unless you're aiming for oxbridge or medicine they really aren't that important compared to your post-16 education. You're predicted much better GCSE's than I got and I'm happy with where I ended up in education (though it took me a few extra years)

Heya! To begin with, you arent doomed at all so don't stress over it too much :smile: Universities don't pay attention too much on GCSE, usually you just need a 5 or above for maths and english (usually but you'll need to double check it). A-levels are far more important. It's good that you want to improve your grades though as it will help you with your A-levels as well! Knowing how to fix current issue to make sure it doesnt stay the same way in the future!

I would recommend talking about your mistakes and etc with a teacher. They MUST provide you with a proper feedback and give you advice on how to improve your answers. You will also need to reconsider your revision technique and see what best fits you :smile: Here is a link to different revision techniques, hope it helps! I would also recommend on doing more past papers as practice makes perfect :smile:

Hope this helps and good luck!
Milena G
UCL PFE
Study Mind
Original post by LilyBerkley

actually your right im just gonan grind hard as possible

You are a product of your effort. Improve your grades using the following tips:
1. Avoid skipping classes as instructors mention very important points that you may not find in the textbooks or online.
2. Find personal time to review and assess your understanding of the new concepts taught in every lesson.
3. Prioritize the understanding the foundational concepts. For example if you are in Year 3. Ensure you are familiar with concepts learned in year one and 2; because the concepts build on each other.
4. Practice your knowledge and skills using sample questions
5. Take time to review assignment/exam questions before answering. Always prioritize answering questions you understand most first so that if the time elapses before you are done with all questions, you have some guarantee to get marks for the concepts you knew.
6. Engage actively in discussion groups. Form groups with friends who are passionate in a specific subject area not having the same people for all subjects. Groups with more than five people are less productive
7. Seek help on areas you don't understand. There are several online libraries for that. Ask your seniors in that subject to assist you and even the instructor when you can find them. You can also reach out to me and i will help you break down difficult concepts.

Wish You the BEST Grades

Quick Reply

Latest