Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to the follow universities:

- University of Keele
    - University of Manchester
    - St George's, University of London
    - University of Sheffield

I was wondering which of the above universities require students to go abroad to the UK just to get interviewed.

Also, did any overseas students here got an interview offer? Also, when you know about your conditional offers?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    All students applying for medicine A100 are required to attend the interview if called. No applicant is offered a place without an interview.

ReputationRep:
    As far as I know, all the universities you applied to require international students to attend interviews. I don't think Leeds calls overseas students for interviews though.

ReputationRep:
    Yes you will have to go to the uni for an interview, if called. They usually do not do interviews abroad or over the phone so if you get an interview think of it as a chance to go on a vacation as well

ReputationRep:
    Sheffied and Manchester conducted overseas interviews in Malaysia last year and most of the London Colleges required their shortlisted applicants to attend their interviews in London itself. Not sure about Keele though, it doesn't seem to be a very popular choice among international students.

There are a couple more medical schools that are keen on interviewing their applicants in an asian country(particularly Malaysia for some reason).(Aberdeen and Bristol easily spring to mind)

ReputationRep:
    hm alright. Thx for the replies. I think i'll just email them to see what options they have for a student studying in Hong Kong.

Yea I got an email from Sheffield and they say they run interviews up to the end of March 2009, and have representatives in Malaysia.

But I'm still unsure about the others...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.