The Student Room Group

Is body really that important for women?

Basically me and my guy friend were talking about looks and I asked him to rate me since he's brutally honest. He said my face is a 9.5/10 if not a 9/10 at worst objectively but my body brings the score down to a 6/10 since I am very thin and have no bum. He said my face is top model level but the body does bring it down.
If my face is to that level and I'm just skinny and its brought the score down by 3.5 points that is pretty insane. Does body really matter a lot for guys?

Scroll to see replies

It depends on the specific female and her dealbreakers.
Different girls often have very different attraction dealbreakers, beauty standards and relationship preferences.
Just as guys do.

It wouldn't really matter to me.
I prefer guys that are slim as long as they don't look like emanciated drug addicts with visible ribcages or tall 9 year olds.
I'm not a fan of big biceps or lots of visible body fat.
My physical dealbreakers are focused upon age, accent, face, hair, height and weight.
Original post by londonmyst
It depends on the specific female and her dealbreakers.
Different girls often have very different attraction dealbreakers, beauty standards and relationship preferences.
Just as guys do.

It wouldn't really matter to me.
I prefer guys that are slim as long as they don't look like emanciated drug addicts with visible ribcages or tall 9 year olds.
I'm not a fan of big biceps or lots of visible body fat.
My physical dealbreakers are focused upon age, accent, face, hair, height and weight.

no this is the other way around, I am the girl and he is the guy so it would be his attraction dealbreakers
FYI my question is if body is really that important for a girl to have from a guys perspective
Remember that although your friend says he's being 'objective' there is no way to be truly objective on appearance and what is or isn't attractive. It's always coming from a skewed and highly specific personal/cultural perspective. Maybe to him specifically, he prefers a certain body type but this will absolutely not be true of all men. Lots of people will find you attractive so please don't let his own one opinion make you feel less than. Remember too that validation that comes from within is much more fulfilling than external validation from others.
Original post by HousesInCork
Remember that although your friend says he's being 'objective' there is no way to be truly objective on appearance and what is or isn't attractive. It's always coming from a skewed and highly specific personal/cultural perspective. Maybe to him specifically, he prefers a certain body type but this will absolutely not be true of all men. Lots of people will find you attractive so please don't let his own one opinion make you feel less than. Remember too that validation that comes from within is much more fulfilling than external validation from others.

but I'm saying how can a body type which isn't even bad (is just skinny) make you go from a 9.5 to a 6/10
but I'm saying how can a body type which isn't even bad (is just skinny) make you go from a 9.5 to a 6/10
tbh yes it's important. tbh the first thing I look at in a girl is face, bum and how tall they are (not in any particular order).
Original post by Anonymous

It doesn't. It just makes your guy friend an idiot. Someone with a highly narrow minded view when it comes to what's beautiful.

Congratulations. Your body is actually a 9. And your face is a 9.25.

You have nothing at all to worry about in the looks department.
Treat this as a lesson. Whenever anyone disses you, treat it as if they are criticising you for having 2 heads. If someone said "Your 2nd head is really ugly" how would you react? You wouldn't react at all. Because you know that you don't have 2 heads. In the same way you know that your body is stunningly beautiful in an elfen kind of way.
tbh yes it's important. tbh the first thing I look at in a girl is face, bum and how tall they are (not in any particular order).

So If I’m 5’7 with a beautiful face but skinny body with no curves and pancake ass what would you rate be for me
how is a large bum not healthy?
FYI I have a complete pancake ass what guy would be into that?
It could be muscle instead of fat 🤔 which us healthy
Never understood why people place a large emphasis on body. The only things I care about in that regard are not being overweight and no tattoos. Face and personality are more important imo.
(edited 1 year ago)
do you find taylor hill attractive
nah my personality is revolting
as ecolier said personality > appearance
that's just his view everyone has a different preference, I'm sure there are lots of people out there who find you attractive
nah my personality is revolting

i'm sure it's not, you seem really nice!
no this is the other way around, I am the girl and he is the guy so it would be his attraction dealbreakers

It depends on the specific male and his dealbreakers.
Different guys often have very different attraction dealbreakers, beauty standards and relationship preferences.
Just as girls do.

From what I've seen most looks attraction orientated guys are interested in a girl's face, hair, body shape and weight.
Some guys are attracted by physical elements of a girl's body like: booty, cleavage, legs, hair colour, eye colour, complexion and facial features.
Plenty of guys prefer girls shorter than them, a few don't have any height connected preferences.
Original post by randompanda_
i'm sure it's not, you seem really nice!

aww thank you guys :biggrin:
So If I’m 5’7 with a beautiful face but skinny body with no curves and pancake ass what would you rate be for me

I'd rate you as 404,763,583 out of 10

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending