ReputationRep:
    Premeditated too
    http://video.msn.com/video.aspx/?mkt...&wa=wsignin1.0

ReputationRep:
    news link?

ReputationRep:
    Here's a link to a news article about it -

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27600105/

I heard about this, and to be honest I am still not quite sure what to think. It's insane.

ReputationRep:
    the only suspicious thing for me is that he "admitted", i mean, if i was 8 years old and being questioned by the police id be ******** myself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom//)
    he should be sentenced as an adult if thats the case
    So do you think an 8 year old should be treated as an adult if they murder two people but shouldn't in most other respects?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, someone posted a thread on this the other day and a fair few people agreed that he should be given the death penalty when he's (WTF?! He's eight!!) And a load of people agreed he should be locked up for life, etc.

There was also discussion and agreement that those who have been abused as a child should be locked up indefinitely if they commit such offences...!!

ReputationRep:
    It has to be said that there must be something pretty messed up going on in that poor kids head, if at eight, he had it in him to kill two people. Not sure what I think, other than it's very very sad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom//)
    Premeditated too
    http://video.msn.com/video.aspx/?mkt...&wa=wsignin1.0

he should be sentenced as an adult if thats the case
    if that was the case than it'd be the electric chair, would it not? so i disagree. he is only a child, and dispite whether he was abused or not, an 8 year old child is meant to be innocent, and their only argument with their parents being the 7 'o clock bedtime...surely that is not the sign of a normal child, he should get lots of medical attention and be put in a 'hospital' under survailance for a while.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rottcodd)
    So do you think an 8 year old should be treated as an adult if they murder two people but shouldn't in most other respects?
    no, what im saying is, if hes thought about it then yes, he should be trialed as an adult

ReputationRep:
    yh. if hes tried as an adult then 8 year olds should be allowed to drive, smoke, drink and the rest of it. Just because its a murder you cant turn around on the law.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom//)
    no, what im saying is, if hes thought about it then yes, he should be trialed as an adult
    So if a child 'thinks' about doing something, then whatever that something happens to be, we should treat them as an adult purely because they thought about it? I did loads of things as an eight year old which I thought about, but I really don't think I was much of an adult back then. When does a child not think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom//)
    but he's not an adult. i doubt at that age he knew what the consequences of murder is, or even the effects it can have on other people.

ReputationRep:
    He shouldn't have been questioned without any representation. Apparently he confessed, what's an 8 year old meant to do?

ReputationRep:
    So if a child 'thinks' about doing something, then whatever that something happens to be, we should treat them as an adult purely because they thought about it? I did loads of things as an eight year old which I thought about, but I really don't think I was much of an adult back then. When does a child not think?
    i retract my statement

ReputationRep:
    did anyone see this in hull?http://www.neatorama.com/2008/10/15/...-year-old-boy/

ReputationRep:
    He should be locked up for life - it doesn't matter if he's a child or not.

ReputationRep:
    bloody hell. don't know what else to say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slice)
    It has to be said that there must be something pretty messed up going on in that poor kids head, if at eight, he had it in him to kill two people. Not sure what I think, other than it's very very sad.
    He allegedly killed his father and his father's friend - in some ways it makes it worse.

Either way, the kid's going to need help/psychiatric attention after what he's gone through/all that's happened whether he's guilty or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom//)
    this was in Arizona, USA :P can be charged as an adult at aged 8 there
    Oh sorry i didn't read the article properly. I assumed it was in the uk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robert_P)
    Oh sorry i didn't read the article properly. I assumed it was in the uk
    ;D

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.