Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seanisonfire)
    i blame television.
    lmao!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yuffie)
    I remember pretty much nothing from before I was 12.
    Well lucky you. I can only assume that either you had a horribly traumatic childhood, and that you've now blocked it all out, or that nothing dreadful happened to you, so you had the fortune to not have to live with terrible terrible memories.
    Your personal experience doesn't mean that all children remember nothing before they were twelve.

ReputationRep:
    How is it? And surely if all humans are equal then child abue=abuse of adults. So what you're saying is attacking/raping an adult is as bad as murder? No.
    I don't get you.

Did I every say adults = child ? Children are helpless, and emotionally and psychologically less developed, so taking advantage of their age and position, and abusing them is equally as bad as killing an adult.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by decagon)
    I don't get you.

Did I every say adults = child ? Children are helpless, and emotionally and psychologically less developed, so taking advantage of their age and position, and abusing them is equally as bad as killing an adult.
    Less helpless than old people who couldn't even run away.

ReputationRep:
    Why are you deliberately trying to find loopholes? It's like you want to argue badly with pointless reasons. I was referring to able adults (aged 20-50). You clearly understood that, but still wanted to talk about old people.

He clearly needs intense psychiatric help. I hope he gets it. D:

ReputationRep:
    get the kid some psychiatric councilling and dose him up to the eyeballs !
    then put him in a padded room
    i think its disgusting to murder your own father at the age of 8, the boys a loon

ReputationRep:
    That's what happens when you're in a country where firearms are allowed in the home. Not only that but his father had allowed the boy to hunt with him, to hold a gun and fire it at such a young age? That's crazy.

ReputationRep:
    You're fighting a losing battle. Clutching at straws. Scraping the barrel. There's nothing you can say that's going to quantify your argument.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slice)
    You're fighting a losing battle. Clutching at straws. Scraping the barrel. There's nothing you can say that's going to quantify your argument.
    I'm sorry it's so controversial that I see all humans as being equal and don't place ridiculous "values" on others because of their age and "cuteness".

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry it's so controversial that I see all humans as being equal and don't place ridiculous "values" on others because of their age and "cuteness".
    All humans are equal; you're quite right. However, I would suggest that it's you who is being "ridiculous". No-one is saying that the child couldn't possibly have killed the adults because he's cute. In fact, no-one is saying that the child coudn't have killed the adults. All we're saying is that there may be another, more logical explaination.
    Also, the fact is, there are different values for a child of eight than for an adult. If an adult wants to have sex with another adult, then that's fine, right? But if an eight year old wants to have sex with another eight year old, then that is not fine, right?

I'm sorry, but if you can't see that different things apply to people of different ages then it's not worth arguing with you, because you obviously are not understanding what I'm saying.

ReputationRep:
    He's 8, he doesn't know what he's doing. The thought that he might have been put up to this comes to me, because why would a 8 year old do that? They're surely not capable of planning something like that. I have a 8 year old brother, and would struggle to see how anyone that age could capable of doing this. Something's fishy about all this anywa.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.