The Student Room Group

Degree apprenticeship alongside second degree

I have been accepted on to a degree apprenticeship programme.
This means that as well as being an apprentice, as part of it I'll be put through a degree course.

I started a degree a number of years ago but didn't finish due to personal problems, despite being on track for a 1st.

I'm currently due to pick up the degree with the OU through credit transfer.

My question is whether I am allowed to do a degree apprenticeship while also studying for another degree with the OU?
What do the rules on apprenticeships say about this, if anything?

Anybody know?
as to whether this is allowed, I've no idea. perhaps contact your employer, the OU, etc

but im not sure it would be a great idea to do 2 degrees plus a part time job all at the same time?
Original post by Obolinda
as to whether this is allowed, I've no idea. perhaps contact your employer, the OU, etc

but im not sure it would be a great idea to do 2 degrees plus a part time job all at the same time?

They could lose their apprenticeship if they already have a higher level qualification.

Best to find out what it says on the entry requirements as some do not like u doing or having another higher education qualification at the same time
Original post by Dnsnnssn
They could lose their apprenticeship if they already have a higher level qualification.

Best to find out what it says on the entry requirements as some do not like u doing or having another higher education qualification at the same time

Original post by Obolinda

Hey, thanks to both of you for your replies on this.

I have found the answer: You are allowed to do a degree apprenticeship even if you already have a degree, IF your degree is not in a 'similar' subject.

However, I have realised that it is not a good idea to be studying 2 degrees while also working a full time job! I've withdrawn myself from picking up the degree with the OU - I can come back to that later.

(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by mathperson
Hey, thanks to both of you for your replies on this.

I have found the answer: You are allowed to do a degree apprenticeship even if you already have a degree, IF your degree is not in a 'similar' subject.

However, I have realised that it is not a good idea to be studying 2 degrees while also working a full time job! I've withdrawn myself from picking up the degree with the OU - I can come back to that later.

The right decision.

You have upto 16 years to finish your OU degree
Hi there,
I've moved your thread to a more relevant forum :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending