The Student Room Group

What sixthform should i go to?

Would it be a big jump from going from AQA to OCR .
Which exam board is easier for both chemistry and biology?(AQA OR OCR)
Basically sixth form 1 has a high entry requirement but does AQA ,Which I have done in GSCE .Also,most of my friends are going and it is quite nearby to my house.Also it does not do an AS exam ,it just does end of year exam after yr 12.

Whereas sixthform two, is doing OCR which I have not done.This probs means i would find it harder and wont be like AQA.This sixthform does AS and if i fail or do bad .I will either have to redo yr12 or try apply to unis with bad grades.Also,none of my friends are goung and the journey is quite quick.Also,there is not alot of ethnic people like me.

Sixthform 3 is the sixform my sister goes to and it is very diverse an it is quite nice.However it is quite far from my house and does OCR.Additionely,if does not do AS and you have two chances too resit your end of year exam to make sure you have a good UKAT SCORE to go uni.

Which one should I go to?
Reply 1
Original post by fa9089
Would it be a big jump from going from AQA to OCR .
Which exam board is easier for both chemistry and biology?(AQA OR OCR)
Basically sixth form 1 has a high entry requirement but does AQA ,Which I have done in GSCE .Also,most of my friends are going and it is quite nearby to my house.Also it does not do an AS exam ,it just does end of year exam after yr 12.

Whereas sixthform two, is doing OCR which I have not done.This probs means i would find it harder and wont be like AQA.This sixthform does AS and if i fail or do bad .I will either have to redo yr12 or try apply to unis with bad grades.Also,none of my friends are goung and the journey is quite quick.Also,there is not alot of ethnic people like me.

Sixthform 3 is the sixform my sister goes to and it is very diverse an it is quite nice.However it is quite far from my house and does OCR.Additionely,if does not do AS and you have two chances too resit your end of year exam to make sure you have a good UKAT SCORE to go uni.

Which one should I go to?

Sorry about the spelling mistake
Reply 2
Original post by fa9089
Sorry about the spelling mistake

is there a difference to OCR and AQA biology and chemistry??>
Petty much every exam board will be roughly the same, both at GCSE and A-level they have content they are required to cover. The only real difference is the style of questions and that sort of thing, and even then for science subjects the difference is especially minimal. The exam board the schools do shouldn't really be factoring into your decision at all

You will make new friends if you go to a different sixth form, I went to my school's sixth form and we had around 100 new people join (along with many leaving) - now I barely remember who was here for GCSEs and who wasn't, so don't worry about that.

For the travelling, I would say it depends how long the journey is + how you get there. You don't want to be spending half your day travelling to get to school, and you don't want to be repeatedly swapping between trains or buses or whatever. I would ask your sister how she finds the journey and see from there what you think you're comfortable with
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 4
Thank you but is there a big jump from AQA to OCR
Original post by fa9089
Thank you but is there a big jump from AQA to OCR

Like I said, no, they are basically the same. The only subject I do the same exam board at A-level that I did at GCSE is maths and I have not noticed any difference between the jump from GCSE between maths and my other subjects

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending