The Student Room Group

UCAT (formerly UKCAT) 2023 entry Results thread

Poll

What average score did you get on your UCAT exam?

This is the thread for post-UCAT discussion. If you are still to take it, here is the UCAT megathread for 2023.

Here is the UCAT 2022 thread (discussion of tests taken in 2021)
Here is the UCAT 2021 thread (discussion of tests taken in 2020)
Here is the UCAT 2020 thread (discussion of tests taken in 2019)
Here is the UCAT 2019 thread (discussion of tests taken in 2018)

Previous UCAT statistics 2016 - 2019: https://www.ucat.ac.uk/media/1415/ucat-test-statistics-2016_2019.pdf

Dates and fees: https://www.ucat.ac.uk/ucat/dates-and-fees/

24 May 2022 - You can make your account and Bursary and Access Arrangement applications open
20 June 2022 - Booking opens
11 July 2022 - Testing starts
20 September 2022 - Access Arrangement application deadline
22 September 2022 - Booking deadline
29 September 2022 - Last test day
30 September 2022 - Bursary Scheme application deadline
15 October 2022 - UCAS deadline
Early November 2022 - Results delivered to universities

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Good luck to everyone sitting the UCAT this year!

Remember that not getting a great UCAT score doesn't mean it's all over as you can still apply strategically and hopefully secure an interview/offer. :smile:
Here we go, here we go, here we gooooo :yay: How is it the 2023 entry cycle already :tongue:
Should I put up a poll for scores like last year?
PRSOM :smile:
Hi guys, my son did his UCAT today but only achieved 2600. He was hoping for closer to 3000. We believe there are a few unis available like Plymouth/Exeter that he may get into assuming everything else ok. Just wondering if he should do the BMAT now? He is very very disappointed so doing this secretly in the hope I can get some positive info / advice for him. Is 2600 an ok score? Having googled it seems around average? Any advice or feedback (positive or negative) greatly appreciated. Thank You.
(edited 1 year ago)
Hi, I've moved your thread to the medicine forum :smile:

Hopefully some can advise further - you may also want to look at the other threads in this forum as I believe there is one for discussing UCAT results and medical school choice.

He may want to focus on less UCAT heavy medical schools (or BMAT med schools)? Not sure how competitive 2600 is really as I'm not that familiar with the admissions tests for medicine! or @GANFYD may be able to advise some more :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by artful_lounger
Hi, I've moved your thread to the medicine forum :smile:

Hopefully some can advise further - you may also want to look at the other threads in this forum as I believe there is one for discussing UCAT results and medical school choice.

He may want to focus on less UCAT heavy medical schools (or BMAT med schools)? Not sure how competitive 2600 is really as I'm not that familiar with the admissions tests for medicine! @ecolier or @GANFYD may be able to advise some more :smile:

Ok great thank you sorry I meant to post in medicine.
I’ve just sat my UCAT and got 2830 with Band 1 in SJT. Do you think this will be good enough to be offered an interview for most medical schools? Thanks x
Reply 9
Original post by Drwhooooo
Hi guys, my son did his UCAT today but only achieved 2600. He was hoping for closer to 3000. We believe there are a few unis available like Plymouth/Exeter that he may get into assuming everything else ok. Just wondering if he should do the BMAT now? He is very very disappointed so doing this secretly in the hope I can get some positive info / advice for him. Is 2600 an ok score? Having googled it seems around average? Any advice or feedback (positive or negative) greatly appreciated. Thank You.

Post all his stats as per the first post in the thread on here, and people will try to offer some advice :smile:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7102578
Original post by calmingotter20
I’ve just sat my UCAT and got 2830 with Band 1 in SJT. Do you think this will be good enough to be offered an interview for most medical schools? Thanks x

Yes do your own research and you will realise how good this is

Is this for undergrad? There are some unis that don’t focus much on UCAT. Like Keele, the min score is 2380
Reply 12

definately do the BMAT
540 vr 500 dm 760 qr 670 ar thank you for all the replies these were the stats.

Great score. Well done. I should imagine that you can afford to be picky, depending on GCSE results and A level predictions.
ok the UCAT preparation is on! Medicine is back on and daughter is motivated. I on the other hand am dreading it all again. I know I shouldn’t feel like this……
Original post by the mumivator
Great score. Well done. I should imagine that you can afford to be picky, depending on GCSE results and A level predictions.

Amazing and a huge well done
Original post by shubsy
definately do the BMAT

there are so many amazing advisers on here. They would need to know other results too such as GCSEs? @Kap @IBkidinthecorner
@GANFYD
@TLC
Original post by the mumivator

Ah thank you, I don’t really know why I went in to the UCAT with not much idea of what a good score is but I did 😭
My GCSE results are 9999888877 so hopefully that’s good enough, predicted is A*AA, I may be able to bump one of the As to an A* in September if I do an internal exam - do you think I need to? or will I be fine with the predicted grades I already have?
Thanks
Original post by sharontL
ok the UCAT preparation is on! Medicine is back on and daughter is motivated. I on the other hand am dreading it all again. I know I shouldn’t feel like this……

My parents definitely felt the same way this time last year! In some ways I think it was harder for them than it was for me
Ah thank you, I don’t really know why I went in to the UCAT with not much idea of what a good score is but I did 😭
My GCSE results are 9999888877 so hopefully that’s good enough, predicted is A*AA, I may be able to bump one of the As to an A* in September if I do an internal exam - do you think I need to? or will I be fine with the predicted grades I already have?
Thanks

Unless you want to apply to Cambridge, or your A* isn't in Bio or Chem and you want to apply to Imperial/UCL/other A*AA unis (as they usually ask for the A* in Bio or Chem) you'd be fine. It could be an advantage if you wanted to apply to some Scottish univeristies, QMUL or Exceter (although ideally you'd need 3x A* for the latter two or loads of extra UCAS tariff points for Barts)
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest