The Student Room Group

English Literature A Level AQA NEA help/advice

Hi, I am currently in year 12, just finished for the summer holidays (going into year 13 in September). Over the summer, I have to plan and start writing my English Literature NEA.

I haven’t got a question yet but the books i am studying are: ‘The Woman in White’ by Wilkie Collins and ‘The Yellow Wallpaper’ by Charlotte Perkins Gilman. My theme is mental instantly, looking at the representation of females (females being a victim in a Patriarchal society and males dominance), how isolation increases madness and the lack of identity for female protagonists. Do you think this a good direction for my NEA? Does anybody have an ideas on a question relating to these themes?

I have no idea on how to start researching and planning. For each of my sub-themes, do I need like 3 quotes supporting my argument from each novel and 2 critics for each paragraph? How do I structure the essay? How do I plan the essay as i need a detailed plan before I can start writing the essay? I have no idea on how to even start researching and comparing texts?

If anybody has any tips that would be greatly appreciated
Thank you so much!
Make notes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending