Turn on thread page Beta

How to be really strong and awesome watch

ReputationRep:
    Oh lawd thats a big sandwich.

We should have dinner sometime (no homo)

ReputationRep:
    a haramiwich

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bebbs)
    Oh lawd thats a big sandwich.

We should have dinner sometime (no homo)

Apparently my local gym are going to let me train for free this Christmas! Though they don't have a squat rack so it looks like I'm gonna be cracking out overheads/fronts for the next 3 weeks. I'm also planning to do cleans regardless of what they say, so it looks like some old biddies on GP referrals are going to be in for some loud-bang-induced high intensity cardiovascular workouts.

Monday (only went the once this week, the woman somehow convinced me not to go on Wednesday or Friday - yes, I KNOW, I KNOW):

Squats @ 135KG 5/4/4

Bench @ 92.5KG 5/4/4

Power Cleans @ 100KG 1/1/1/0/0

I've been missing far too many sessions recently, I really need to get my dedication back on track.

In dietary news, I just ate a massive steak & chips, a whole tub of Haagen-Dazs Pralines & Cream and 32 Oreos. LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL.

ReputationRep:
    strong squats

but Ben&Jerrys > HG

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adonis)
    strong squats

but Ben&Jerrys > HG
    Indeed, sadly it was all my freezer had to offer.

Went to aforementioned free-for-xmas gym yesterday. MASSIVE DISAPPOINTMENT, the weights are calibrated like dog turd. It looks like there'll be no nice linear progression this holiday season. Bench felt insanely heavy to begin with, switched the plates around to make the same weight and it was easy. Agh. I also realised I've become dependent on chalk at the uni gym, so I'm going to have to buy some.

Monday:

Not even worth writing up. IT WAS BALLS.

ReputationRep:
    Your gym sounds ********. Come to the TSR bench session in Coventry tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by burningnun)
    Your gym sounds ********. Come to the TSR bench session in Coventry tomorrow.
    It is. As much as I'd love to, that involves 6 too many hours of sitting on an overcrowded train on Christmas Eve .

P.S. Send me the card, please!

ReputationRep:
    Since I've finally had a good workout, I'll recover this disgrace of a blog.

All new PB day!

Squats:

155KG x 2 PB
    100KG x 17

Strict Press:

75KG x 1 PB
    60KG x 9

Weighted Chins:

35KG x 2 PB

ReputationRep:
    oooh nice lifts. strong weighted chins.

ReputationRep:
    good stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Mr Fox:
    The least important of the Nottingham trio.

J/k good work.

ReputationRep:
    they're the burningnun patrol man

ReputationRep:
    We're not a trio, there's me, Laurence, Russ and Matt. You might say Russ doesn't count because he doesn't have an account here, but you'd be wrong. You might say Hassan doesn't count because he's gay and you'd be right. That's why there are four of us.

Monster lifts Matt.

ReputationRep:
    hahaha xD

ReputationRep:
    Cheers guys.

Found the coolest gym to use for the next 4 weeks this afternoon. It's called Muscle Inc.; it's in a draughty corrugated metal warehouse with concrete floors and is run by a retired bodybuilder. Seems to be the only place within half an hour of me with all the barbell goodness I desire...and I think I saw a bit of Strongman equipment in the yard out back. Good times!

ReputationRep:
    I'm giving up on flat bench for a while because it's jank. I decided to skip it last week - and hey presto, more/better overhead press sessions this Easter (or so it seems).

Monday:

Squats @ 140KG 5/5/5
    Press @ 67.5KG 5/5/5

Faffed about a bit on other stuff but nothing else notable.

ReputationRep:
    nice stuff mr. fox. swole overhead press.

after hearing about your iron stomach i was wondering how much you weigh now?

ReputationRep:
    Jumped on the scales just now and I'm 92KG.

ReputationRep:
    Good stuff mate. Looking forward to some good sessions next term.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by burningnun)
    Good stuff mate. Looking forward to some good sessions next term.
    Yeah budday. Can't wait.

Today:

Squats @ 142.5KG 5/5/5
    Overhead Press @ 70KG 5/4/4
    Rows @ 100KG 5/5/5

Pleased.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.