Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How many women DONT want to have children in their lifetimes here Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Botticello)
    Watching things like supernanny only reinforce that, like embarrassing you in a shop, tantrums, potty training, snotty teenagers. In fact I dont understand why anyone would want them..
    Things like that only happen if you don't have discipline and let your kids walk all over you.

Personally, I can't wait to have children, I mean I won't be having any for a good few years but I can't imagine life without children.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flown_muse)
    I am selfish. I think having a child is one of the most selfless, beautiful things you can do, to create life and nurture it for 20-odd years. All your love is given to this baby. You are putting your life on hold, suddenly everything becomes second to this tiny, fragile baby, that relies on you for everything. That is just so innately terrifying, and I could never be so selfless.
    See, I never understood this. That having a child somehow makes you 'selfless' there are so many terrible parents who barely even bother to look after their children, are they selfless for having those children. Having a child that you don't want or can't be bothered to look after, that's selfish.

ReputationRep:
    I dont wat kids at all. Im jus not maternal. Tbh, i dont see why anyone would bring a child into this world they way it is atm, My aunt has just has a baby, I just thing 'Why...'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Botticello)
    Me, there isnt a maternal bone in my body. I hate children. And people often say "you say that now" but I refuse and noone will prove otherwise. flown_muse gives the same reasons as me. Watching things like supernanny only reinforce that, like embarrassing you in a shop, tantrums, potty training, snotty teenagers. In fact I dont understand why anyone would want them..
    Forgot about these reasons too. I hate children, all the things you said basically. Kudos to you.

ReputationRep:
    You lot might be the women who dont want kids now but when your 30 end up changing your mind and its gets too late!

ReputationRep:
    I can categorically say that I have no desire to reproduce.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sorani)
    See, I never understood this. That having a child somehow makes you 'selfless' there are so many terrible parents who barely even bother to look after their children, are they selfless for having those children. Having a child that you don't want or can't be bothered to look after, that's selfish.
    Ah. Well, that is how it should be. But that is another reason I don't want kids, I couldn't look after the properly, or give them all the love etc. that they need, so I wouldn't have them.

All these people that say it's so much better for the kid to be born, don't abort, well if you're not going to look after it, of course you should abort.

If I ever (mistakenly) got pregnant, I'd have no qualms about aborting since there is no way I would do that to a child. I am not a mother, basically.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Atomic Tundra)
    You lot might be the women who dont want kids now but when your 30 end up changing your mind and its gets too late!

:rolleyes: Hardly. I think I know what I want. And 30 is not too late.

ReputationRep:
    Good god no.

I want a life, not a family. I want to be able to afford to live on a small holding somewhere with lots of rescue animals that I care for. Kids would ruin that!

And despite what people may say, I'm not a change my mind type.

ReputationRep:
    That's what I find so insulting is when people say 'oh you'll change your mind when you're 30' - how the feck do you know? How can they be so presumptious?? Urgh.

ReputationRep:
    I used to absolutely hate the idea of having kids. As a teenager i always told everyone i would never have any kids.

Now i'm with my boyfriend (of 3 years) i can actually imagine myself having kids with him, and i can't wait to have kids (obviously i can until we are married).

ReputationRep:
    I can't see myself ever wanting them. I went through a maternal phase 2 years ago but not so bad that I wanted kids! I'm far too selfish and relaxed. And not just for the reasons other people have said like a bad society and fear for them, I just genuinely couldn't be bothered looking after someone and having someone rely on me. I have found "the one" who I want to marry and be with forever *insert aww here* and he doesn't want them either thank god. We're hoping to just be nice and relaxed with a lovely home and our money just for ourselves. And a dog lol :p:

I have no parent-issues, I've had a brilliant upbringing and life now but still the thought of having a kid just disgusts me. And I'm not exaggerating! Of course I know my life will change completely in 10 years or when I'm 30, or even in the next year or 2 but I just can't see my maternal instincts kicking in...

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    This thread needs a poll

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely. How dare they suggest I don't know what's right for me! It costs a bloody bomb too, and the thing that really terrifies me is that (I know I sound a bit superficial) once you have one thats it, no getting rid of it and when its done its done even if you regret it. I intend to save the stress and money and get my own horses ^_^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GemmyMonster)
    Good god no.

I want a life, not a family. I want to be able to afford to live on a small holding somewhere with lots of rescue animals that I care for. Kids would ruin that!

And despite what people may say, I'm not a change my mind type.
    Thank you!!! Most of my friends are maternally-types who would never understand that.

ReputationRep:
    Never, ever, ever..ever!
    I'd much rather keep my nice figure and not have to go through heaps of pain, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Atomic Tundra)

:rofl: Love the random mother and baby pic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cerulean)
    :rofl: Love the random mother and baby pic.
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I can't imagine growing old and never being a grandma. I have great aunts who don't have children, and they have a very lonely life compared to their sisters who do.

I understand those who don't want to because of the trauma of giving birth. This bothers me too, but it's not enough to put me off the idea of having a gorgeous baby daughter with the love of my life. Creating something between you is very special and not something I would like to miss out on. However, I'm not in a position to consider children right now considering I'm living in halls, work in a chippy and have only been with my partner for a few months. (although there's an increasing feeling that he's going to last longer than my teenage years)

One day perhaps...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.