Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How many women DONT want to have children in their lifetimes here Watch

ReputationRep:
    I don't even see them as cute anymore, they're just... "them". Anytime I think of a baby or see one passing in the street I tend to glare at them. Not openly of course, I'm not going to turn serial baby-killer but... oh, just too much work!

ReputationRep:
    I've always wanted children but since coming to uni I've changed my mind. The world isn't a nice place and I'd feel so guilty if my children ever felt down or had to suffer. So I'm beginning to think that I'll just adopt because then I can't feel as guilty because I personally didn't bring the child into the world. I've always wanted to adopt so I'd be happy doing that. We'll see though. I'm sure I'd change my mind if a guy ever came along

ReputationRep:
    I have 2 kids and thats enough !. Fair play to the girls on here that have said they dont want children....whats wrong with that?. No one is forced to reproduce and no one should be made to feel that their decision not to is wrong or abnormal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rubix)
    You can't ask people that question when they're 18/19 etc, all you girls will change your mind once you've found the guy you want to spend the rest of your life with.
    :ditto:

Okay dokes.

Oh btw, I can't wait to be a father, love children.

PPS what's the point of life without reproducing?
    :ditto: :ditto:

don't know why, i just turn 22 yesterday but still i would really love to have one of those someday ...hay fatherly instincts are growing inside me by the minute

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Valjean)

One day perhaps...
    indeed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cerulean)
    :rofl: Love the random mother and baby pic.

I didn't. I go "eurgh", whenever I see babies (not out loud, that'd be mean on the poor parents). They look really gross to me.

if I was going to ever have kids, I'd just adopt toddlers, at least they're not quite as boring as proper babies I suppose..

Animals are still lovelier though.:yep:

I can't imagine growing old and never being a grandma. I have great aunts who don't have children, and they have a very lonely life compared to their sisters who do.

Are you going to force your kids to have kids then?! :eek: (I'm kidding)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jizzabelle)
    Never, ever, ever..ever!
    I'd much rather keep my nice figure and not have to go through heaps of pain, thanks.
    you know why i love this post - for the simple unabashed honesty within it fair play to you girl.

I understand those who don't want to because of the trauma of giving birth. This bothers me too, but it's not enough to put me off the idea of having a gorgeous baby daughter with the love of my life.
    what happens if you have a boy though? or are yu one of those people who wants a designer baby?

Personally im likin the amount of people on here ssaying they dont want kids. The idea of having a child is urgh to me (as a bloke)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GemmyMonster)
    I didn't. I go "eurgh", whenever I see babies (not out loud, that'd be mean on the poor parents). They look really gross to me.
    :laughing: and so awkward/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Botticello)
    Me, there isnt a maternal bone in my body. I hate children. And people often say "you say that now" but I refuse and noone will prove otherwise. flown_muse gives the same reasons as me. Watching things like supernanny only reinforce that, like embarrassing you in a shop, tantrums, potty training, snotty teenagers. In fact I dont understand why anyone would want them..
    To be fair the ones on Supernanny and the ones misbehaving in public are likely to be the ones who haven't been properly parented from day 0. I'm not saying that they're neglected or unloved, just that there is a lack of discipline. If I ever do have kids (biological or otherwise) they sure will not behave like those little horrors.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    My aunt has never had children (she's 56 now). Her and her husband are very happily married, but they've never desired to have children. They have dogs and cats though and they absolutely dote on them.

Actually she rather insultingly once told me that it's possible to love a cat as a mother loves a baby. Don't get me wrong, I know you can love a cat, but there is noooooo way in hell it's comparable to how a mother loves her baby.

Anyway, that aside, I don't think it's wrong for people to not want to have children. After all, not everybody is the same. I couldn't imagine my life without my two, but some people just aren't baby people, and that's their choice.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I'm kind of undecided. I definitely wouldn't consider having children (planned) before I had a stable job, a house, a partner (husband) :p: I know that sounds so cold-hearted etc, but I would be afraid I couldn't meet the physical, mental, financial needs of the child as well as myself & partner/husband.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rubix)
    You can't ask people that question when they're 18/19 etc, all you girls will change your mind once you've found the guy you want to spend the rest of your life with.
    What if you've found the girl you want to spend the rest of your life with? And what if he/she doesn't want kids?

ReputationRep:
    I don't want kids, at all, ever. I have stuff in my life and in my memories that would affect any child I have and myself as well. I would never want to inflict any of it onto anybody. Plus I just don't like kids anyway... I teach kids at cadets a couple days a week and to be honest, I can't stand most of them... they just irritate me. All the more reason not to have any.
    Also, I like my figure, I don't want to go through 9 months of getting bigger and bigger only to be left with rolls of flab at the end that will probably never go away completely without surgery, and even then you still have a horrible, wrinkly stomach with a scar over it. And the pain doesn't really appeal to me either.
    And I'm selfish, I like to laze around in the evenings or go out etc. I couldn't do any of this if I had kids to look after, I'd be running around after them with no time for myself, no "adult" TV and no privacy... urgh it doesn't bear thinking about actually.

ReputationRep:
    Isn't there anyone here who really doesn't mind either way?

ReputationRep:
    It's the idea of that child being wholly dependant on me- for love, support, more mundane stuff like food, and financially, for upwards of 18 years. I almost think I might end up resenting them and that's just not fair on them. I would also be terrified of doing something wrong!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinkerbee)
    Me.
    The thought is just blergh. I cant stand children/babies. I am stupidly unmaternal. Pregnant women/the idea of being pregnant freaks me out. And theres no damn way I am going through labour.
    Yeah, I feel a bit the same. I find it ridiculously ugly to see a pregnant woman in the street, and I don't particularly appreciate children in general, haha. I'm getting used to the idea of having a kid, so I'll probably end up with one, but for the moment, it sorts of repulses me…

ReputationRep:
    I actually hate children... I can't stand it when my sister comes over with her children and they're there, being all children like and loud and constantly demanding that i turn the hollyoaks omnibus off to watch cartoons that they've seen 500 times before. I hatethe idea of anything depending on me because i'm not a dependable person. I hate the idea of having no sleep for 5 years because they don't know to stay in their own ******* bed when "mummy is sleeping". I hate the fact that i won't be able to drink for nine months, or actually... Get hammered for nine months. I like the idea of no periods but not for the six weeks of constant bleeding afterwards. I don't want to have no money because it's all spent on children and clothes for children because I NEED THE LATEST FASHION TOO YOU KNOW. And most of all, the idea that those little ***** will be ruining my time for when i read magazines and listen to my music.

Generally i'm a selfish person, but also, i'm a pussy because i don't like pain and pushing something the size of a water melon through my vajj doesn't appeal to me. I think i've made a convincing arguement.

xx
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I never want kids.

1. I don't want to share my boyfriend/life/money...OK so I am selfish
    2. I have inheritable disorders I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy...so less selfish
    3. I'd make a crap mom
    4. No-one deserves to live in this world
    5. BIRTH! HELLO?!

Everyone tells me I will want them some day, but it isn't happening. Think Tom wants them though...only time will tell which he wants more...

ReputationRep:
    child yes
    birth HELL TO THE NO.

ReputationRep:
    Never ever ever ever. Two words: vaginal tearing.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.