Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How many women DONT want to have children in their lifetimes here Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kink)
    Isn't there anyone here who really doesn't mind either way?
    Me, for now.

Most of the time I'm happy to say that I never want kids, especially pregnancy =/ I hate medical stuff, and pregnancy, I guess, is just one long visit to the doctors in my eyes (feel free to get me for that haha). And birth scares the living daylights out of me. I see it, and I read about it, and I just can't imagine going through with it.

But actually I was walking round Lidl just, and smiled at a baby and she smiled back at me 'twas sweet. And sometimes I feel like, not that I want one, but that I could deal with having one.

Basically I'm very very confused, haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgia)
    To be fair the ones on Supernanny and the ones misbehaving in public are likely to be the ones who haven't been properly parented from day 0. I'm not saying that they're neglected or unloved, just that there is a lack of discipline. If I ever do have kids (biological or otherwise) they sure will not behave like those little horrors.
    To the people complaining about children on Supernanny it's important to remember one thing: it's television. Millions of people aren't going to tune in to a show about well behaved children. It's an extreme example, and that's why it's on tv.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goffick)
    I actually hate children... I can't stand it when my sister comes over with her children and they're there, being all children like and loud and constantly demanding that i turn the hollyoaks omnibus off to watch cartoons that they've seen 500 times before. I hatethe idea of anything depending on me because i'm not a dependable person. I hate the idea of having no sleep for 5 years because they don't know to stay in their own ******* bed when "mummy is sleeping". I hate the fact that i won't be able to drink for nine months, or actually... Get hammered for nine months. I like the idea of no periods but not for the six weeks of constant bleeding afterwards. I don't want to have no money because it's all spent on children and clothes for children because I NEED THE LATEST FASHION TOO YOU KNOW. And most of all, the idea that those little ***** will be ruining my time for when i read magazines and listen to my music.

Generally i'm a selfish person, but also, i'm a pussy because i don't like pain and pushing something the size of a water melon through my vajj doesn't appeal to me. I think i've made a convincing arguement.

xx

What?!?!?!? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I know 2 people in my life who arn't going to have kids - they hate them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flown_muse)
    What?!?!?!? :eek:
    YEAH SEE
    THEY DON'T TELL YOU ABOUT THAT IN SEX EDUCATION DO THEY!

xx

ReputationRep:
    YEAH SEE
    THEY DON'T TELL YOU ABOUT THAT IN SEX EDUCATION DO THEY!

xx
    lol, I know, another reason why I'm not inflicting myself.

ReputationRep:
    I don't. Sure, things change, but I really hope they don't. Kids just aren't for me and my partner.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beige_Angel)
    lol, I know, another reason why I'm not inflicting myself.
    They're like mini, obnoxious drunk adults. You can't understand a word they're saying, they can't walk and they won't be told!

People who have them are brave souls...

xx

ReputationRep:
    The way this thread is going im guessing the world population is going to decrease

ReputationRep:
    I treat babies like puppies. Enough said :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SquishyHomie)
    I treat babies like puppies. Enough said :p:
    Unless you're like Lennie from "Of Mice and Men"

Thats not a good way to treat children....

ReputationRep:
    i don't.
    i don't want the responsibility. i'm not patient or selfless enough to be a good parent, thus i think it would be morally wrong for me to have children.

ReputationRep:
    I want a child in somone elses lifetime

ReputationRep:
    Me; I want to have children after my lifetime.

:getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    I don't know really, i'm too selfish to want children, and babies get on my nerves.
    Pregnancy really disgusts me for some weird reason, so if I was to want a kid, i'd probably adopt.

ReputationRep:
    My god nearly the entire forum

white race is doomed I lol'd

ReputationRep:
    They're like mini, obnoxious drunk adults. You can't understand a word they're saying, they can't walk and they won't be told!

People who have them are brave souls...

xx
    /stolen from Dylan Moran.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cerulean)
    To the people complaining about children on Supernanny it's important to remember one thing: it's television. Millions of people aren't going to tune in to a show about well behaved children. It's an extreme example, and that's why it's on tv.
    Exactly! That was pretty much my point, but you phrased it a lot better than I did.

ReputationRep:
    Know I'm not a woman but I don't really want to have kids because there is so many things I want to do myself. Though if I were to get in a relationship that I thought would last, I would consider it.

I know a lot of people have said it's a horrible world and they don't want their potential children growing up in. But it's more often than not those who think that are better people, so they should be the one's reproducing. Simply so us good people spread our good genes about, so we can help make children better.

[Didn't explain that as best I could but can't be bothered editing it. Hopefully you'll get the drift.]

ReputationRep:
    you're all a disgrace to the human race. your main purpose on this planet is to reproduce, why do you think you're even here?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.