The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reproduction really isn't high on my 'to do' list. I want to do something more useful with my time.
It would be interestin to see where the people who say no are in say 15 years, some can resist but there is of course that biological urge to have children which can and often does overide sensibility and logic.
georgia
The whole pregnancy/birth thing just seems cruel.

WTF? How else would humans give birth? Through words?
Pigeon Explosion
Reproduction really isn't high on my 'to do' list. I want to do something more useful with my time.

That is the lamest excuse ever.

The process of reproduction is the most USEFUL and NATURAL thing in the entire world.
Snookercraze

The process of reproduction is the most USEFUL and NATURAL thing in the entire world.

'Natural' maybe. 'Useful' is debatable. Useful in what way? Not everyone has to have kids.
Reply 85
I don't know.. I got through periods of not wanting any at all ever, then through 'I only want to adopt or foster' and then 'I'd love to have kids of my own.' I guess I'll wait and see.
Reply 86
I'm undecided; I don't think I'd mind either way.
Reply 87
why do you think God gave you a vagina? and all the other bits 'n' bobs that make pregnancy and child birth possible
Reply 88
L.T
why do you think God gave you a vagina? and all the other bits 'n' bobs that make pregnancy and child birth possible

What's the point in nuns and monks then?

God also told us all to multiply. Not exactly looking good for us anymore though is it, what with overpopulation and climate change and the lack of resources :rolleyes:
Reply 89
http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/ET__7SdlPRU/

watch this, and look at the sock :smile:
L.T
you're all a disgrace to the human race. your main purpose on this planet is to reproduce, why do you think you're even here?

That point is debatable.

Anyway if we ALL reproduced the world would eventually end; its overpopulated as it is and as a result of this people are out of work, home, a good standard of life.
Economies are breaking down; people are dying of starvation and disease and AIDS is spreading like wildfire in Africa etc.
Its hard enough to live well with there being less jobs and less money and prices going up day by day (credit crunch anyone?); familes are losing their homes and crime rates are rising because of desperation (and yes some just do it either way).
People can't afford to support themselves let alone children.
With the world overpopulated and all these problems arising one after the other not much more can be taken; its causing chaos and if the rate of human reproduction doesn't slow down there will be catastrophic effects (if what has happened/is happening can't already be classed as such)

... And you want us to add to all of this? Don't berate those of us who don't want children, if anything we're doing you a favour.
Reply 91
omg look at the neg I got :frown:

How many women DONT wan... 11-11-2008 13:50 You are really being a **** about this. Why can you not just accept that some girls will categorically never want kids? Grow up mate.
Reply 92
I do want children, but the thought of it worries me. Like a lot of other women I'm not overly fond of the idea of the idea of giving birth, sure the trying bit would be fine hah, but the whole labour process really isn't appealing but I guess I'll worry about that when the time comes.

Another thing, does anyone else worry about what on earth their child would turn out like? You see kids who have been raised in a good home with loving parents, a good education and all that but they go off the rails, that sort of things worries me and how children lose their innocence so quickly these days. Perhaps a child shouldn't be subjected to that, but then again I do want children, oh well.

My apologises for the rant! :s-smilie:
not me, no desire for kids at all. these will be my babies: http://www.nfcc.co.uk/ and these http://www.sphynxcatassociation.co.uk/
I'm not the most maternal person in the world, but I couldn't imagine not having a kid that is so unnatural to me. However I'm not looking forward to giving birth though.
If I can, I'm sure I'll have one or two eventually.
I'm not really scared of the childbirth, it's natural, and there's always Kegels for afterwards.
It would be cute; my Maths teacher today said how proud she was her two year old could now count things to 12, I want to have little cute kids who I can cook for and bake cakes with and help them with homework.

Eventually.
Snookercraze

no one needs an 'excuse' not to have kids. what if you don't get married or have a long term partner anyway? wouldn't be especially responsible to have kids when you have no idea if you want a stable family type life anyway.
Atomic Tundra
omg look at the neg I got :frown:

How many women DONT wan... 11-11-2008 13:50 You are really being a **** about this. Why can you not just accept that some girls will categorically never want kids? Grow up mate.

Don't worry about it, people neg for stupid things.
Reply 98
And what about sex afterwards? It'd be like throwing a penny down a well
Reply 99
QuantumTheory
If I can, I'm sure I'll have one or two eventually.
I'm not really scared of the childbirth, it's natural, and there's always Kegels for afterwards.
It would be cute; my Maths teacher today said how proud she was her two year old could now count things to 12, I want to have little cute kids who I can cook for and bake cakes with and help them with homework.

Eventually.

I could only count to eight when I was six! Although I taught myself to count by the time I was seven. Evidently no one loved me enough to teach me to count :shifty:

Latest

Trending

Trending