Turn on thread page Beta

How many women DONT want to have children in their lifetimes here watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Like J-E-N-O-V-A said...Can i make a suggestion that the OP make a Poll for this controversial thread.

It makes it clearer to everyone else and the OP who agrees and disagrees with the idea.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I could be trusted with the responsibility of having children. I'm not a very dedicated person and I'm not overly fond of children, to be honest.

I'd be worried about screwing them up.

ReputationRep:
    I think the real question here is 'how many women want to have children outside their lifetimes?'

ReputationRep:
    Guaranteed that once every person who says yes here gets to 30 they'll suddenly reevaluate their lives and want kids.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a guy so I can't really answer the question, but I can't wait to have kids Had a couple of "scares" with my now ex that turned out to be negative, but a big part of me wished it weren't so, as was a big part of her if I'm to believe what she said. In retrospect, it'd have been highly impractical, but that didn't stop me hoping. I'm not a "normal" guy :\

ReputationRep:
    So generation after generation has led you being born, and you suddenly decide, for no real reason, to end it?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a girl, but I would never want children ever!
    I don't see the appeal in having one.
    I personally think we've been socially conditioned into thinking that it's the 'correct' thing to do.
    Plus, what if I don't like them :O That would be dreadful.
    With all the fun things to do in the world, why would I want to stop most of that to raise a child who will then give that up to raise their child and so on.
    It seems really pointless to me.

Oh yeah, and I'd be a rubbish Dad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redemption)
    Guaranteed that once every person who says yes here gets to 30 they'll suddenly reevaluate their lives and want kids.
    doubt it. im 24, cant see myself changing my mind since i doubt much will change in my life in 6 years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Snips)
    So generation after generation has led you being born, and you suddenly decide, for no real reason, to end it?
    i think id be doing a generation a favour by not subjecting them to my parenting. the human race is hardly in danger of dying out, i think the world can manage without me squeezing out one kid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L.T)
    you're all a disgrace to the human race. your main purpose on this planet is to reproduce, why do you think you're even here?
    (Original post by L.T)
    why do you think God gave you a vagina? and all the other bits 'n' bobs that make pregnancy and child birth possible
    So we can have sex, which I'm sure would be more fun than pregnancy and childbirth. There is no great purpose to life, making another life who makes another life who makes another life and so on.. that's not a meaning. Meaning to life is what you make it. For some people it's a career, some it's kids, some it's pets, and for a few it's killing people.

(Original post by Snookercraze)
    That is the lamest excuse ever.

The process of reproduction is the most USEFUL and NATURAL thing in the entire world.
    When the world is running out of resources and.. oh screw it.

Do you wear clothes, eat processed food, drive, fly.. those and most other things we all do are UNnatural, moreso than choosing to not get pregnant.

It's also not an excuse, that would imply they need a reason, they don't, people choose to give 1.

Yep. Beautifully summed up

(Original post by Redemption)
    Plenty of women don't, so.. yea.. I think you're wrong. However I doubt we'll all be in contact in 10 - 15 years for you to ask all these women. Meh.

ReputationRep:
    Nope! For many reasons, and I've always felt that way! XD

It really makes me laugh when people say "But it's the whole point of life!!" There is no point of life; we're here, we're festering, we're useless, get used to it and have fun!! XD Having kids because it's 'the norm' is a ridiculous idea! There's plenty of other people having them for us, so if you want to, go ahead, but let the ones who don't get on with it!

And the whole, "You'll change your mind" stuff...not -everyone- is going to, it just makes me not want to even more XD

ReputationRep:
    The comment that really makes me laugh from these girls who don't want kids is the 'I wouldn't want to bring kids into this world at the moment the way it is'.

FFS, fair enough, you don't want kids, but don't blame the world for it. The World has always had problems, but its a FACT that living standards are better now than ever before, its a FACT that people are wealthier than ever before, its a FACT that people can live longer. (Obv Im referring to the first world). I just can't be doing with this whole notion of the world was so much better 40 years ago. Was it ****. Time has made people sentimental. Most of us on here are no older than 30 so how the **** these people can come out with this **** is beyond me.

I am happy as anything, and such comments bring me down!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vapid slut magician)
    i think id be doing a generation a favour by not subjecting them to my parenting. the human race is hardly in danger of dying out, i think the world can manage without me squeezing out one kid.
    But think of the bloodline. Make some history. Who'll look after you when you're old :p:

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea. Not fussed either way.

The attitude that women (or indeed men) should have to explain themselves for having no desire to have children, however, really bothers me.

There's nothing wrong with people wanting kids. It's a life choice, just as parenthood is. I also think it's pretty patronising to tell people that they'll change their mind when they're older, when they meet their dream partner, etc. Some people need toi get it in their heads that some people just don't want children, will never have children, and no amount of cajoling or peer pressue will change that. Shocking!

ReputationRep:
    If nothing else, don't people worry about being on their own in their old age?!

ReputationRep:
    I hate all children. So no, I don't ever want to have any.

ReputationRep:
    But think of the bloodline. Make some history. Who'll look after you when you're old :p:
    what bloodline? ill lose my name if i marry anyway and hitler polished off a good portion of relatives on my dad's side anyway. no one will care when im dead. i imagine ill kill myself before im too infirm to be able to look after myself so it doesn't really keep me up at night.

ReputationRep:
    All the ethnic girls will be pumping out 3or 6 at a time whilst non-ethinics (white) will dwindle

imo by looking at this thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abc101)
    If nothing else, don't people worry about being on their own in their old age?!
    a packet of anti histamines, 1lt of vodka, and about 200 co-codamol.

ReputationRep:
    I want children, just not yet. Maybe late 20's. Oh god, thats only 10 years time.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.