Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How many women DONT want to have children in their lifetimes here Watch

ReputationRep:
    I don't ever want kids which I've known since year dot. I think it's just something you either know or you don't and yes it is patronising to say you'll change your mind when you're older or its different with your own kids. Well I'm the only one that knows so you believe what you like. I'm glad someone else on here said babies gross them out - I'm not the only one! I think some people have kids because it's something to do and society expects them to. And I don't believe the meaning of life is to reproduce as that doesn't actually answer the question! That's like saying as a woman not wanting to reproduce I may as well go kill myself! I've always liked to think that the meaning of life is to live. Life is what you make it, whether you have kids or not.

ReputationRep:
    I used to really not want children (for reasons due to my childhood), now I do with the right partner.

Having said that I have a few "terms" -
    Any child of mine will bear my name, I am proud of who I am and will not lose my name (my identity), this will be passed on to my children too.

The thought of a natural birth scares me behond belief, so elective C for me!

I will have a nanny through the baby / toddler stages.

I will not let my partner be the "breadwinner" it doesn't bother me if he earns less, the same or more so long as I know it if all went wrong I can sustain my (and any childrens) lifestyle - I've grown up in the awful world that the woman wants out (things happen) and the father reminds her of what an awful life she would have without him. As a result I can't stand the sight of my father, what makes it worse is my mother is still with him.

Apart from that I can't wait to have children, especially when they get to school age

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drifting_Snow)
    That's like saying as a woman not wanting to reproduce I may as well go kill myself!
    There is the arguement you could say the same for a man not wanting to reproduce too.

Is having children our only purpose in life as human beings? Of course it isn't!

ReputationRep:
    No way. I never want kids. I've known this for years.

ReputationRep:
    On one hand, the arguments against having children are actually rather applicable to me. I'm a rather selfish person, and I can't imagine giving my all to this small, dependant creature.

But then, the idea of being with someone I love, being married, and not having us fused together in a child, I cannot imagine.

So yeah, as long as I was happily married, in a stable job and could afford to give them a house/food/decent education, I would. So my contribution to this thread is irrelevant really, sorry!

ReputationRep:
    The worst bit about this is that the kids of tsr students could at least contribute to the world, as opposed to the poor stupid fat horrible children of stupid people. Intelligent people are having less and less kids, stupid people are having more and more kids. There needs to be a requirement of four A-levels for both parenthood and voting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Porscha!)
    I used to really not want children (for reasons due to my childhood), now I do with the right partner.

Having said that I have a few "terms" -
    Any child of mine will bear my name, I am proud of who I am and will not lose my name (my identity), this will be passed on to my children too.

The thought of a natural birth scares me behond belief, so elective C for me!

I will have a nanny through the baby / toddler stages.

I will not let my partner be the "breadwinner" it doesn't bother me if he earns less, the same or more so long as I know it if all went wrong I can sustain my (and any childrens) lifestyle - I've grown up in the awful world that the woman wants out (things happen) and the father reminds her of what an awful life she would have without him. As a result I can't stand the sight of my father, what makes it worse is my mother is still with him.

Apart from that I can't wait to have children, especially when they get to school age
    So to sum up, you don't want children? You want the sort of children who your nanny will bring in to say goodnight to you, then you pack them off to boarding school? How motherly.

ReputationRep:
    i reckon i have ZERO maternal instinct...i would just be rubbish!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Women who don't want kids kind of turn me off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mastermind`)
    Women who don't want kids kind of turn me off.
    How come?

ReputationRep:
    I used to dream of someday becoming a mother, but now I've decided against it, because:

A) I don't want to pass on my genes,
    B) I believe that with the world as it is, it's selfish to bring new life into it, and
    C) I think it would be best if we humans stopped breeding now, and just slowly, peacefully let ourselves die out. That may sound 'dramatic', but it's just what I think.

I also doubt that I will marry. This just means I can concentrate harder on making music, though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glorious Lozhka)
    I used to dream of someday becoming a mother, but now I've decided against it, because:

A) I don't want to pass on my genes,
    B) I believe that with the world as it is, it's selfish to bring new life into it, and
    C) I think it would be best if we humans stopped breeding now, and just slowly, peacefully let ourselves die out. That may sound 'dramatic', but it's just what I think.

I also doubt that I will marry. This just means I can concentrate harder on making music, though
    basically agree with this.

With all my illnesses, I doubt I'll have my own child; it'd be selfish to risk his/her health like that, & I wouldn't wish that on anybody. Plus I wouldn't want to go through the pregnancy because it means going off some of my meds, which I can't function without...
    If I was to have a child, I'd adopt (if they'd let me). Truthfully I don't think I'd be fit to be a mother, at least not until I've gotten a grip on my mental health.

ReputationRep:
    I'm undecided.

I've gone through a lot of crap these past few years and I don't know if I want to bring a child into this world. Also, I wouldn't be a good parent at all.

The whole idea of giving birth puts me off, but I wouldn't rule out adoption.

Who knows, in five years I might feel differently.

ReputationRep:
    27 years and I have never wanted kids. Six months ago, the hormones kicked in in a massive wave of scariness and now it's all I can think of. I am terrified.

ReputationRep:
    me. i would rather boil myself in a vat of acid than have a child. disgusting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drifting_Snow)
    I think some people have kids because it's something to do and society expects them to. And I don't believe the meaning of life is to reproduce as that doesn't actually answer the question! That's like saying as a woman not wanting to reproduce I may as well go kill myself! I've always liked to think that the meaning of life is to live. Life is what you make it, whether you have kids or not.
    Good point, I agree
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    The thought of being responsible for another human being terrifies me

ReputationRep:
    Damn son nearly the entire forum

ReputationRep:
    Wow, some of the replies to this thread are disgusting. Why should women feel like we have to reproduce? Yes, obviously the instinct of a species is to reproduce to make sure it doesn't die out, but I don't think we have to worry about that, do we now? How can you make women feel guilty for not wanting children? Some people are so awful it makes me a little bit upset.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.