Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What does everyone want for Christmas?? I can't think of much this year - some earrings from Swarovski perhaps (they're red hearts - called Eros). Maybe I'll get some inspiration from what you guys want.
    Also what are you getting for family members? I can never think what to buy them - CDs/iTunes vouchers, DVDs and stuff from Lush usually.
    One last (slightly irrelevant) point. Is it just me or is Christmas getting less exciting as I am getting older?? - I used to be crazy excited when I was younger but now it just seems like any other day why??

ReputationRep:
    Digital SLR camera would be fantastic,
    but I highly doubt I'll get one as they're £300+
    Other than that I'm not really fussed this year

ReputationRep:
    I need some clothes. Perhaps a Lyle and Scott polo. :teeth:

But yeah, I think the attention's on you more as a child. Plus all the Father Christmas folklore etc.
    In terms of selfishness (sorry) I prefer my birthday. Overall though I think I prefer Christmas.

ReputationRep:
    digital slr camera (but thats for my 18th aswell hopefully getting it at xmas though)
    sewing machine (ha sounds sad but i like making my own cushions and stuff)
    ummm... my bf hopefully taking me to see phantom of the opera
    i'm taking my bf for day out
    got mum doc martin series so far
    sister make up that she wants
    dad ive got motorbike dvds (norton) so far
    thats it...

ReputationRep:
    Now, as i am working i buy most of the stuff i want =/
    that makes christmas less exciting.

I want some dollars to take when i go to america
    tbh, im not all that fussed.

Plus my birthday is sooner =)

ReputationRep:
    well im 20 and i still love christmas! i need a new ipod this year, trying to decide between a touch and a classic, think im going to go classic but i dunno yet. maybe a couple of textbooks for uni or some clothes or something as well, nout else i really want/need

ReputationRep:
    Boyfriend I've got tickets to Metallica, and Iron Man on DVD, a tool box that he wanted, and I wanna get him one more thing but not sure what yet...
    Mum perfume as usual
    Sister perfume as usual
    Dad no bloody idea this year!
    Brother he just wants money
    Boyfriends parents a computer chair they wanted, a DS game and a DVD series but I can't remember the name of it
    Boyfriends cousin a DVD probably

I want some Clinique face stuff, some hair products, Flowerbomb perfume, Sleeping Beauty DVD and thats all I can think of. Oh, maybe a box of retro sweets.

ReputationRep:
    I always find this hard, probably would like some money, clothes and perhaps a subscription to TSR.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to take my mum to see Carmen at the Royal Albert Hall as my Christmas present for her. She's always wanted to go and see it cause she loves the music from it or something. She's been going on about it for years so I'm hoping it'll be a nice surprise

As for me... I'd like Wall-E on DVD, and Sugar Fairy shower stuff from Lush.

Edit: i think I may try and get my boyfriend tickets to see Oasis, if they're not already sold out...

ReputationRep:
    i want an alpaca, although i doubt i'll get one :sad: or a laptop (got one the year before last but it has broken, but i doubt i'll get one)...or a VW yellow beetle (i highly doubt my parents will buy me a car), or a 40" LCD flat-screen TV (this is my best bet).

Christmas is still exciting, though this year not as much. i still have to work christmas day because some saddos go and eat out, but it has never been as exciting ever since i found out that santa wasn't real :sad:

i got my sister a gift voucher for GAME, my brothers a box of chocolates each (that's what they wanted), my granddad some liqures, my gradma some turkish delights, my great-grandparents (both sides of the family) a box of shortbread each, as per every year, and my mum and dad i've got them a picture of our dogs enlarged. my mum has been wanting one for ages, so i hope it'll be a nice surprise for them then i have the usual bath-smellies for my friends..except for one of my friends who always spends loads on me at christmas, i just have no idea what to get her.

ReputationRep:
    ghd mens straightners :eek:

i wish they did them in blue so i felt more manly lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiritedAway)
    i want an alpaca, although i doubt i'll get one :sad: or a laptop (got one the year before last but it has not broken, but i doubt i'll get one)...or a VW yelloe beetle (i highly doubt my parents will buy me a car), or a 40" LCD flat-screen TV (this is my best bet).

Christmas is still exciting, though this year not as much. i still have to work christmas day because some saddos go and eat out, but it has never been as exciting ever since i found out that santa wasn't real :sad:
    That sucks. I take it your wages are doubled or something similar?

ReputationRep:
    Just want a few DVDs and CDs... This year I really cba. I just want to spend a nice day with my family.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    Just want a few DVDs and CDs... This year I really cba. I just want to spend a nice day with my family.
    Download (unless really good) and download.

ReputationRep:
    Well went Christmas shopping last weekend (early I know but we usually do it early, although pretty early this year), wasn't expecting to buy something but did.

* New Laptop
    * Office 2007
    * Some DVDs

ReputationRep:
    What do I get my neice who will be 10 months old around Christmas?
    Any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NW8_SW1_EC3)
    Download and download.
    Not on a uni network... I might with the CDs back at home, but not here! :p:

Plus I like having the proper DVDs so that I can add to my large collection.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NW8_SW1_EC3)
    That sucks. I take it your wages are doubled or something similar?
    time and a half.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Terryw)
    What do I get my neice who will be 10 months old around Christmas?
    Any ideas?
    raid the early learning centre?

ReputationRep:
    Money, ipod, ghds, hairdryer (old one finally gave up the ghost) and a few CDs.

However, I'd much more prefer nice thoughtful gifts, something I'd been wanting and someone picked up on, that kinda thing. I had to tell my aunt what I wanted, and I had to give out massive hints on what I wanted for my 18th to my boyfriend, which kinda ruined it 'cause I knew what I was getting then :sad:

So for Xmas, noone is getting any clues.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2008
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.