Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've just read the replies and i've decided i'm not going to read it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    What do you mean? How does that make a difference?
    I'm not saying it justifies it.

This is a completely different debate and people have completely different opinions on it, but I personally believe that a baby isn't a sentient and self-aware being. I just think it would be different for a toddler etc, but obviously it's still all horrific.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Promesse)
    I've just read the replies and i've decided i'm not going to read it.
    Oh dear. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vapid slut magician)
    why? babies die all over the world every day and no one gives a flying ****. i fail to see what's so special about this one.
    THANK YOU.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DisgruntledMoth)
    This is a completely different debate and people have completely different opinions on it, but I personally believe that a baby isn't a sentient and self-aware being. I just think it would be different for a toddler etc, but obviously it's still all horrific.
    EEK! Well I am convinced you are wrong but I wish you weren't

Whether a baby is as self-aware or not is debatable yes, but whether it feels pain is certainly not, and that is what matters here.

ReputationRep:
    I'm preparing for a massive flaming here, but I have to say that I'm almost glad that poor baby died.

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear. :rolleyes:

I am wrong to not want to be upset? The replies alone made me upset. I was trying to express my upsetedness.:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    i don't understand how nobody noticed and nothing was done. Jobs should be lost over this. It was the job of social services to protect that little boy and they failed. Collectively they have almost as much blood on their hands as the pondlife that killed him, and this should haunt them for the rest of their days.

ReputationRep:
    Whether a baby is as self-aware or not is debatable yes, but whether it feels pain is certainly not, and that is what matters here.
    Of course. Nothing can justify willfully inflicting pain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Promesse)

I am wrong to not want to be upset? The replies alone made me upset. I was trying to express my upsetedness.:rolleyes:
    Well, I don't know, it's almost like ignoring it to me *shrug*. But I won't interfere with that, I know that it's such a delicate matter.

ReputationRep:
    In my opinion:

a) The parents/carers should be given the death penalty. Preferably via electrocution or gassing. Lethal injection is too good for that type of people.

b) The social worker in charge of the case should face a tribunal. And a govermnet inquiry should be launched into the areas social services.

An innocent life taken by thuggish and undeserving specimens of life. The child is better off in Heaven - a prolonged life with parents like that would have undoubtedly given more him suffering.

Why did the social services not remove the child from care of his mother?

She should be given a hysterectomy and along with others, banned from contact with children for life.

It needs to be understood that using a baby as a punchbag puts you in line with predatory paedophiles - if not a rank below.

ReputationRep:
    Also, I hope the image of the child dying in pain, will haunt them for the rest of their lives.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imomo16)
    I'm preparing for a massive flaming here, but I have to say that I'm almost glad that poor baby died.
    Yes - if it had lived longer, its injuries and more abuse would have prolonged its misery for much longer.

It can now rest in the hands of God.

ReputationRep:
    Thats so horrible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Choccielatte)
    It can now rest in the hands of God.
    Where was He before?

ReputationRep:
    Why would anyone do that to an innocent child?

That's awful, I can't believe there are people like that in the world.. (of course I know there are)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angrybanana)
    i don't understand how nobody noticed and nothing was done. Jobs should be lost over this. It was the job of social services to protect that little boy and they failed. Collectively they have almost as much blood on their hands as the pondlife that killed him, and this should haunt them for the rest of their days.
    yeah but because it's collective they'll no doubt decide that no one will get blamed at all instead of firing everyone involved like they should.

ReputationRep:
    Where was He before?
    You can question every negative event with this.

Please don't descend into unneccesary debate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vapid slut magician)
    why, what should i be doing?
    If you're not out helping them by whatever means you can, don't preach and try to make others feel bad about not doing it or being sympathetic towards one case instead of saying "It's just another baby". Why shouldn't we comment on whats happened to this baby?

ReputationRep:
    feeling angry and compassionate is only human..
    i don't feel either of those things. maybe im just a massive ***** but it really doesn't move me at all, it's nothing to do with me so i don't really care. i guess im just a sociopath.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.